Starting QB vs. Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting QB vs. Minnesota

Thomas O'Brien is going to start on Saturday. I just got about ten times more excited for the game!

Re: Starting QB vs. Minnesota

Source?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

http://www.keloland.com/Sports/NewsD...4.cfm?Id=92523
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

and I quote

"O'Brien has completed 65.4 percent of passes he's thrown this season for 925 yards and seven touchdowns against three interceptions. He has a quarterback rating of 138.3. Crawford has completed 64.3 percent of his passes for 1,059 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions, with a quarterback rating of 136.2."

Looks like Stig's LEAN taward the senior comment would be the only decerniable diffrence as their stats are almost identical...

Comment

Not looking for O'Brien to be perfect, but excited for him to get this experience for future FBS games. It will also give him an idea of how much more he needs to develop his feet and overall strength. So far I think exceeded expectations and proving his original status of a highly prized recruit. Really this goes for the entire team- especially the younger classes, it will allow them to see how mush they need to work this off season. The SIU game probably served this purpose too. My advice to TOB is that he not get flustered and just play football. He's done that in the big games so far.

Comment

I can see where this decision gives Crawford injury more time to heal. TOB will do okay, but if we can get past Minnesota with TOB still being 100 per cent, then we got two guys ready to go going into the important game to win, namely WIU. The next step hopefully will be a playoff game, so this is the best time to have a qb controversy.

I have never thought the term controversy being applicable when there is a choice to make. Its like the choice is going to affect what the fans think. It should not and thats why I fail to understand the controversy term. The coach has to make the choice so who does he argue with? I, me and myself and a few other pronouns.

Comment

Good, tough choice. It shows that merit matters.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
                Thomas O'Brien is going to start on Saturday. I just got about ten times more excited for the game!
                Well at least we have a chance now. I'm glad Stig wants to win this week.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                  Weak post Augie. As another member here pointed out, watch the press conference. Stig never once said he didn't want to win. Vandrovec's blog post that started this mess didn't accurately portray what was said.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I'll double the comment about Augie's weak post and i'll go even further 79. If you actually read the blog post Stig says it isn't JUST about winning games. Its amazing how many people look past the most important word to make the quote what they wanted and then ran with it.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Weak post Augie. As another member here pointed out, watch the press conference. Stig never once said he didn't want to win. Vandrovec's blog post that started this mess didn't accurately portray what was said.
                      Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                        I'll double the comment about Augie's weak post and i'll go even further 79. If you actually read the blog post Stig says it isn't JUST about winning games. Its amazing how many people look past the most important word to make the quote what they wanted and then ran with it.
                        I've found from reading many posts on many stories on the AL website that that's typically what happens. People generally go off the deep end. I made the mistake of posting on a story once. I won't do that again.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I've found from reading many posts on many stories on the AL website that that's typically what happens. People generally go off the deep end. I made the mistake of posting on a story once. I won't do that again.
                          Yeah you don't want to offend anyone. We have some very sensitive people on here. If you slip up they will jump all over it.

Comment

Yeah you don't want to offend anyone. We have some very sensitive people on here. If you slip up they will jump all over it.
                            I hope you don't think I am sensitive to what is posted...I just didn't think you needed to drag down Stig (purposely or not by implying that some weeks he "doesn't want to win") because of a quote that Terry Vandrovec totally used out of context. I typically enjoy what you post, I just thought that one was off the mark.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I really think we have a chance to win regardless of which QB is the starter. I wonder if Crawford was really 100% You absolutely have to admire the effort Mr. Crawford put forth to be ready for the season after his injury last year. Plus, his all out effort to rehab his knee after the Cal Poly game. To be down on Crawford is completely unnecessary. I can fully support either QB being in the starting lineup.

Go Jacks

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                              X