Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punky Guarantees Victory On Sat

Hi Guys & Gals:

Congrats on beating UNI & the freaks to your North this season! Good luck in the playoffs!

Now, on to Sat!! Can you believe this fruitcake:

{Now the Gophers very much need to win, just to reach six victories and become bowl-eligible.

After the 35-32 loss to Illinois, Gophers coach Tim Brewster guaranteed his team would rebound, have a great week of practice and come out and play very well against the Jackrabbits and win.

"I don't have any question in my mind about that at all," he said.}

Take'em down hard, Jacks!!!!

Re: Punky Guarantees Victory On Sat

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals:

Congrats on beating UNI & the freaks to your North this season! Good luck in the playoffs!

Now, on to Sat!! Can you believe this fruitcake:

{Now the Gophers very much need to win, just to reach six victories and become bowl-eligible.

After the 35-32 loss to Illinois, Gophers coach Tim Brewster guaranteed his team would rebound, have a great week of practice and come out and play very well against the Jackrabbits and win.

"I don't have any question in my mind about that at all," he said.}

Take'em down hard, Jacks!!!!
    I would guess most Gopher fans would be upset if he didn't feel that way.

Comment

Since Pantherhawk is new here, I'll simply gently remind others (and inform him) that smackish posts are unwelcome outside the designated smack area, and such posts can make the barkeeps here very unhappy indeed.

And ain't the barkeep happy, ain't nobody happy.

Perhaps it will help to think of the smack section as a smoking area, but for smack instead of the evil tobacky.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Brewster loses his job if he loses to SDSU, so he better be getting his team ready to play this one. Ironically, because of this, we'll have some Gopher fans secretly rooting for SDSU as well.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

It would be pretty cool to get the win Saturday and provide the impetus for Brewster to be ousted from the Gopher job.

Its unlikely sure, but I like how we're going to be headed into the game hungry with a little bit of red-ass mixed in. Plus, there is absolutely no pressure on the Jacks in this game. We can definitely do this!

Fear the Rabbit!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Brewster loses his job if he loses to SDSU, so he better be getting his team ready to play this one. Ironically, because of this, we'll have some Gopher fans secretly rooting for SDSU as well.
            I was listening to WCCO radio yesterday at mid afternoon and they were talking about this Satuday's game. I can't remember the announcer's name, but he kind of alluded to Coach Brewster being in trouble if they lost to SDSU. He mentioned Patterson being the first choice last time around and they could not come to terms on money and Brewster was a fourth choice. Those comments were I gathered were not votes of confidence for Brewster.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I never thought I could root for Nebraska until I saw them play Texas the last year Callahan was there.

They had a 3rd quarter lead, and I was cheering for the cornshuckers because, as it turns out, I like Texas even less than I like Nebraska, and also because if Nebraska won it would be that much harder to fire Callahan (and I disliked Nebraska enough to want Callahan around as long as possible).

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Since Pantherhawk is new here, I'll simply gently remind others (and inform him) that smackish posts are unwelcome outside the designated smack area, and such posts can make the barkeeps here very unhappy indeed.

And ain't the barkeep happy, ain't nobody happy.

Perhaps it will help to think of the smack section as a smoking area, but for smack instead of the evil tobacky.
                DELETED, you call that "smack?" I congratulated you and wished you well vs. the vermin to your east! "Smack" would be more along the lines of "You (unmentionable)losers are soooo lucky the refs handed you the UNI game!" Or, is it any wonder UNI lost after being forced to play in that sheep pasture instead of their first class FCS facility!" What the hell are you guys, a bunch of banished Amish who are alergic to ****** living amongst the tumbleweeds???
                Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-10-2009, 01:36 PM. Reason: Barkeep #3 unhappiness showing thru

Comment

, you call that "smack?" I congratulated you and wished you well vs. the vermin to your east! "Smack" would be more along the lines of "You losers are soooo lucky the refs handed you the UNI game!" Or, is it any wonder UNI lost after being forced to play in that sheep pasture instead of their first class FCS facility!" What the hell are you guys, a bunch of banished Amish who are alergic to ****** living amongst the tumbleweeds???

I didnt' think it would take to long.
                  Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-10-2009, 01:44 PM. Reason: edited previously edited comment
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

DELETED, you call that "smack?" I congratulated you and wished you well vs. the vermin to your east! "Smack" would be more along the lines of "You (unmentionable)losers are soooo lucky the refs handed you the UNI game!" Or, is it any wonder UNI lost after being forced to play in that sheep pasture instead of their first class FCS facility!" What the hell are you guys, a bunch of banished Amish who are alergic to ****** living amongst the tumbleweeds???
                    Okay, that made me laugh out loud! People are looking at me and wondering what is up.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I believe calling Brewster a "fruit cake" would constitute smack... though that doesn't make it not true
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

My mind insists on applying the Jim Mora "Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs!" rant-voice to Pantherhawk's complaint about moving this to the smack section.

I don't know if that's a good sign. For anybody.

I'll go away and stand in that corner over there for a while. That might help.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What the $%*&$% is a PantherHawk?
                          Obviously can't survive outdoors whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            What the $%*&$% is a PantherHawk?
                            Obviously can't survive outdoors whatever it is.
                            Is it related to a chicken hawk?

BTW: Coughlin field looked about the same as the field at the Linc during Sunday night's game. Keep the grass!

Comment

17a008pantherhaw...

Apparantly a PantherHawk is a moth

Welcome to the Smack Section Pantherhawk.

Comment

Working...
                              X