what is wrong with everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is wrong with everyone?

now I know yesterday's loss was shocking and pretty disappointing. But, I look at everyone's posts about the season outlook now and it's all "well we aren't as good as we thought, in the future we will have a run for the title". but why not this year? Sure we made alot of mistakes on both ends of the ball but I don't see why we can't still make a playoff run. I believe we have a very good team this year.

When TOB took the field offensive momentum shifted greatly. No offense to Crawford and all he's done this season, but I think Thomas is our man from here on out. and we could see some big things out of him.

Now our defense looked very shaky on saturday, but it's full of hardworking seniors that aren't just going to give up on the season because of one game. They're much better than they played and I think Coach Stig will let them know that.

Now let's get pumped people, cuz the season's not over and the Jacks WILL be in the playoffs.

Re: what is wrong with everyone?

I disagree with your starting premise which suggests people are questioning how good we are. I think those who watched the SIU game realized two things: 1) SIU is the best team in the conference right now; and 2) we made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. No one is saying we aren't a good football team -- to the contrary: the very fact that people expressed disappointment about the mistakes shows we believe firmly that we are an excellent football team.

Comment

I think a lot of the negatives is people picking 1 QB and then backing it up....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I disagree with your starting premise which suggests people are questioning how good we are. I think those who watched the SIU game realized two things: 1) SIU is the best team in the conference right now; and 2) we made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. No one is saying we aren't a good football team -- to the contrary: the very fact that people expressed disappointment about the mistakes shows we believe firmly that we are an excellent football team.
        Defensively, it seems our guys need some sort of spark to get them going, and had Anthony Wise not dropped that gift wrapped pick on the first SIU series, we did not get that starting spark. It seemed we never found that spark defensively for the rest of the game. It was no doubt collective funk. Nobody or nothing seem to get the guys going. Also, I think Cochart big play might have changed the momentum, and it did not because of the clip.

I have read TV account in the Argus maybe three times and each time I keep saying yep this is what happened. Not to be negative but it just was not a good performance by the Jacks, but this is one game of eleven to be played and there may be more games after WIU. When SIU coach is surprised by our poor performance then you almost have to lie about your disappointed feelings. It was not a good game for SDSU. I feel fine today. I had my lutefisk yesterday so I am good until the next church supper.

I do believe we will regoup and the season is not over yet.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 11-09-2009, 04:29 AM.

Comment

We did not play "not good," we played very badly.

And as for Saturday, if any group did play fair, it was the defense. We constantly gave SIU good field position and the pick return and botched punt -- 14 free points -- had nothing to do with the D.

I am still -- on Monday morning -- STILL stunned at how unprepared we were.
          Last edited by JackFan96; 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            We did not play "not good," we played very badly.

And as for Saturday, if any group did play fair, it was the defense. We constantly gave SIU good field position and the pick returen and botched punt -- 14 free points -- had nothing to do with the D.

I am still -- on Monday morning -- STILL stunned at how unprepared we were.
            I heard Stig quoted on WNAX this morning saying they(SIU) made the big plays and he also said that the defense were keying on trying to stop the qb runs, but QB went to the outside and threw some passes that were completed. This report this morning was probably part of the post game interview. I think when the staff is done with the review of the entire game video, there will a number of negatives to correct.

Comment

Just don't go "Bisonville" on everything, people. You're in the playoffs, barring a major catastrophe. Be happy.

Comment

I don't think anyone on this board is downplaying the work this team has done. What we watched on Saturday is a Jacks team we haven't seen. The dropped INT/catches, botched snaps, poor tackling, etc is something this team hasn't done this year. You might have seen one of them in a game happen, but wow. Maybe there was a black cat the team ran by heading on to the field. We should all know how good this team is by now (you don't beat an UNI team without being good). I just think we were expecting a dolphin of a game (I think the other term might by copyrighted) and to see mistakes this team doesn't make happen, was really a shock to our system.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

About the quarterback situation, i believe Crawford should get the start next week. The offensive line got blew up all first half. Stig said after the game that they shoulda tried making some changes up front because that was getting blown up all night too. I dont think you can blame it all on Crawford for being that bad. I can count five catches that were missed also fron the recievers. The whole offense was just bad last week and they need to get it figured out if they want to keep this season alive.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    And as for Saturday, if any group did play fair, it was the defense.
                    The defense gave up 260+ yards rushing.

Make the players watch the game tape this week and then burn it.

Comment

WOW Jacks fans, I am in shock. I am amazed how quickly many of you have turned on this team. All because of one game? I remember when UNI beat us like a drum in week 2, and you had your day in the sun on me and all Coyote Fans, it sucks. But that doesn't mean it's over, because it isn't.

You all should be proud of your team. Disappointed? Sure, but only for a short period of time. It is likely that Minnesota will also give you a pasting, I am not saying they will, but it in all candpr, probably will happen. How are you going to react then?

Right now, if I had polled you on August 15th and asked if you would be happy to be 8-2, one game out of the lead, and a strong contender for a playoff spot, 99.99% of you would have jumped all over it. Well, you are all those things, so suck it up and accept what happened, and move on.

And lastly, there are a large number of Coyote fans cheering for you to make the playoffs. At our tailgate the other day, I know of 4 radios on WNAX listening to the Jacks, and when SIU started running away woth it, there was no collective cheer, actually there was a somehat "downer" buzz that permeated through the tailgate.

So quit whining and get after it. You may have alot of games left this season.

Go ahead and bash me for this, but the tone of this thread and a couple others warrants a wake up blast from outside blue/yellow glasses.

Comment

Its natural to allow everyone to be down for a bit. That was the biggest game in school history and we got whipped. Part of that is the way we played which is disappointing and the other part is that SIU is a solid team.

This kind of meaningful game late in the year is new to us Jackrabbit fans and I think we all dig it and want more. Guess what? We do have a great chance to get into the post-season and see what happens there. Unfotrunately, the opportunity to play a game at CAS is gone for this year.

I'm excited for the game against Minnesota this week! I'm excited to lock up the playoff spot at Western Illinois! The playoff game will be a thrill!

The great thing is that this season will help form a foundation for this program for years to come. Expectations and goals are going up for Jacks football.

BTW-The sun came up in the East Sunday morning!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Re: jack14

HEY JACK 14--- CRAW should not start. He's got a VERY slow release, not a very strong arm, and his feet aren't back. He should not start period.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            WOW Jacks fans, I am in shock. I am amazed how quickly many of you have turned on this team. All because of one game? I remember when UNI beat us like a drum in week 2, and you had your day in the sun on me and all Coyote Fans, it sucks. But that doesn't mean it's over, because it isn't.

You all should be proud of your team. Disappointed? Sure, but only for a short period of time. It is likely that Minnesota will also give you a pasting, I am not saying they will, but it in all candpr, probably will happen. How are you going to react then?

Right now, if I had polled you on August 15th and asked if you would be happy to be 8-2, one game out of the lead, and a strong contender for a playoff spot, 99.99% of you would have jumped all over it. Well, you are all those things, so suck it up and accept what happened, and move on.

And lastly, there are a large number of Coyote fans cheering for you to make the playoffs. At our tailgate the other day, I know of 4 radios on WNAX listening to the Jacks, and when SIU started running away woth it, there was no collective cheer, actually there was a somehat "downer" buzz that permeated through the tailgate.

So quit whining and get after it. You may have alot of games left this season.

Go ahead and bash me for this, but the tone of this thread and a couple others warrants a wake up blast from outside blue/yellow glasses.
                            No bashing from me; well said. Not happy or satisfied with where we are at, because as the season played out we could have been in a better situation; however we are NOT in a bad situation.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
                              Just don't go "Bisonville" on everything, people. You're in the playoffs, barring a major catastrophe. Be happy.

This is good advice.

Actually, I was fearful there the outcry from the armchair experts would be much larger than it has been. I did a little unscientific poll: I counted the number of posters (not posts) who are a little more revved up than others (not being critical, just noting) and I conclude that overall, the fans on this message board have been pretty reasonable in response. We're standing behind this team and coaching staff. I think the title given to this thread "what is wrong with everyone" is unfortunate and probably meaningless. My $0.02.

Comment

Working...
                              X