SIU Attendence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU Attendence

Obviously we have to take care of business against Youngstown State, but looking ahead if we are playing for all the marbles against SIU on November 7th what can we expect for a crowd? I have been very critical of our November attendence, but let's face it there have not been many meaningful games at CAS in November with playoff implications. Will people brave the elements and come out and support this team who so richly deserves it?

Re: SIU Attendence

We need to get through this next weekend first. No matter what I'll be there to support the team and the SDSU Alumni and friends in my family will be coming as well.

I do think this will be one of the bigger late season crowds at CAS.

Comment

I'm going to buy some extra SIU tickets and try to lure a few new Jacks fans to the game.

Now I know that fans should flock to a championship game (of course we need to beat YSU first) but it's not a given. I hope the Athletic Department will pull out all the stops and be creative with some promotions to get more fans to the game. I'd be very disappointed if we can't get 10,000+ to that game.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I ordered our tickets for SIU last night. Section R Row 16. Can't wait.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm really sick with myself over this game after Saturday. I am going to miss a home game for the first time in three years.

I brainlessly ordered tickets to see my lifelong favorite team at their house for the first time ever. The Chicago Bears. I should have got tickets for this weekend against Steve Heiden's god awful Browns instead of the 3-0 on the road Arizona Cardinals.

After yesterday, I may sell those tickets on Stubhub and go to the Jacks game.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I'm going to buy some extra SIU tickets and try to lure a few new Jacks fans to the game.

Now I know that fans should flock to a championship game (of course we need to beat YSU first) but it's not a given. I hope the Athletic Department will pull out all the stops and be creative with some promotions to get more fans to the game. I'd be very disappointed if we can't get 10,000+ to that game.

If we win against Youngstown State...if, if, if...and we only get 10,000 people for Southern Illinois, I would consider that a massive failure on behalf of fans. Massive! It appears we've turned the corner in drawings fans, though I grant having Hobo Day late helped. But anything less than 12,000 or 13,000 for SIU would be sad. If you can't show up and support this team, you'll never be happy.
            Last edited by JackFan96; 10-26-2009, 10:04 AM.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

http://www.salukitalk.net/st/forum.php

I know that it is early, but if anyone wants to talk SIU football here is the link to their board. Looks like most of them were rooting for UNI versus the Jacks. That makes sense, it would have helped their strength of schedule for the post season.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

After Hobo Day, average attendance for this season so far is 14,003 I believe. It's unlikely I bet, but it sure would be nice if we could get 14,000 for a huge game against SIU and average over 14,000 for the season.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone of the 15,553 that attended the UNI game would not want to return for the SIU game.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I'd put those tickets to good use I'm still wanting to catch my first game @ CAS before I'm on campus next year!

Comment

If the Jacks are one win away from a conference championship and their first playoff birth since the '70s, I would think that they would hit 14,000. It seems to me that the general public are starting to follow the team. The buzz with this team is really starting to pick up. Gotta love the chance that it will carry over into the playoffs and they right into what should be two successful basketball campaigns.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I can't imagine anyone of the 15,553 that attended the UNI game would not want to return for the SIU game.
                        There are a lot of alumni who come from afar for Hobo Day, who won't be around. If the weather is at all decent, I would be hoping for 12,000 and very happy with it. (Would love to be apologizing for being too pessimistic!)

Comment

Depends on the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            depends on the weather.
                            lame!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              lame!
                              But most likely accurate, unfortunately. There just aren't enough fans (yet) of Jackrabbit football to overcome a bad weather day in November without NDSU or Hobo Day attached to it. So, I hope we get 45 degrees, modest wind and no rain.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X