Converation on AGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converation on AGS

The Jacks have caught the FCS fan's attention. There is a conversation over on FCS as to whether we are a contender for a national title. Most, expecially the UNI fans say no, and it is way to early for that kind of talk but sure is nice to be a part of the conversatin.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=65355

Re: Converation on AGS

It would be nice to get a few more Rabbit fans over on the AGS board...

Comment

I also say we need more fans over on that site. You don't necissarily need to post much, but reading it and reading articles that dont have anything to do with the MVC or the Jacks greatly broadens your FCS knowledge in general.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I wandered over there today to see what was up and noticed that thread. Are we contenders? Yes. For a national title? Well, that might be a bit much. But we are contenders in the Valley and we are contenders for a playoff spot. If we make the playoffs, we have to consider the season a success. Some might not like that kind of talk, but I think it's fair to say. Now, that's not to say I appreciate some of the comments about the Jacks on panthernation.com today ("I'm not impressed." "Talk to me after your first playoff game." etc.), but being in the playoffs would be a huge deal even if we got knocked off right away.

You have to be a good team to beat UNI. Period. Even if they didn't play their best, you have to be good. That cannot be debated. I promise you Southern Illinois and others have noticed.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Re: Conversation on AGS

I've been known to spend a bit of time at AGS. It's a very good site, and will assist any that want to know what's happening in FCS football.

I would also suggest checking out www.fcsfans.com

which has many of the same posters that have become disgruntled with www.AnyGivenSaturday.com

Comment

I'm afraid of playoff talk at this point. Coach Stig mentioned Proverbs in postgame yesterday about getting a little big headed and then falling flat on your face.

A lot of stuff can happen in 4 games yet to be played.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Funny thing about reading the posts on AGS. The UNI posters really don't think SDSU is a good team yet, BUT some think they still get in the playoffs. OK, if SDSU is such a bad team and you lost to them, why would UNI be selected for the playoffs? I mean, SDSU is so horrible it has to be a fluke they are rated #11 in the nation. Some of the AGS posters don't give SDSU a chance because they have a freshman as a starting QB. Crawford will be back before the end of the year. But TOB's play hasn't looked like a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN. The play in which TOB was charged with a fumble could have been ruled forward progress and a first down. Instead it was called a fumble. The score on Saturday could have been a lot worse.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I frequent anygivensaturday.com, and recommend it to give you an idea of the landscape in FCS. SDSU gets a lot of respect over there.

Didn't know about fcsfans.com. Thanks RabidRabbit.

Here's a great comment from the anygivensaturday.com thread about SDSU. It's from McNeese75:

"Rabbits will smack you in the face, knock you down, help you up and do it all over again."

That's a great comment.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I frequent anygivensaturday.com, and recommend it to give you an idea of the landscape in FCS. SDSU gets a lot of respect over there.

Didn't know about fcsfans.com. Thanks RabidRabbit.

Here's a great comment from the anygivensaturday.com thread about SDSU. It's from McNeese75:

"Rabbits will smack you in the face, knock you down, help you up and do it all over again."

That's a great comment.
                  I love that quote. That is a terrific assessment of the program at this point I think too. The Jackrabbits now have a lot of talent, but at times still not as much speed and measurables as some of our opponents. However, it seems that the staff has done an excellent job of instilling a mental and physical toughness that the team has taken to heart.

But that quote gives me a total visual. I dig that.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I hadn't been on AGS since last year, but after discussion on here I went browsing again. I didn't think the rivals who know the Jacks dissed them that bad on there. Yes, the Jacks are kind of blue collar who's main downfall on their vaunted defense is mobile quarterbacks and little fast running backs who get to the outside. I'll agree with that. But if you want to come in and try to outmuscle the Jacks, good luck.

But wow those CAA guys just love themselves. Puke. Might as well give the top 4 teams in the CAA the 4 seeds and let them play it out for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      I hadn't been on AGS since last year, but after discussion on here I went browsing again. I didn't think the rivals who know the Jacks dissed them that bad on there. Yes, the Jacks are kind of blue collar who's main downfall on their vaunted defense is mobile quarterbacks and little fast running backs who get to the outside. I'll agree with that. But if you want to come in and try to outmuscle the Jacks, good luck.

But wow those CAA guys just love themselves. Puke. Might as well give the top 4 teams in the CAA the 4 seeds and let them play it out for the title.
                      Welcome to the east coast or more specifically the notheast part of the U.S. They can't imagine that anyone west of Pennsylvania is nearly as smart, fast, strong, good looking, etc... as they are. We should stick to farming and keeping the natives in check while they handle the heavy work. I looked at several programs out there a couple of different times along my career path and despite reputation and quality the personalities are too much to overcome. Just be glad you are from such humble roots and continue to work hard and be sincere, the results will speak for themselves.

As for national title contention? I have no idea. UNI probably should have beaten Richmond last year (Coach Stig's opinion shared by many) and Richmond crushed Montana for the title. I don't think its important. We just need to play our best against the next opponent and the cards will fall where they may. A victory over Youngstown state is just that, I say we go and get it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X