Harris "Player of the Week"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris "Player of the Week"

The Mo Valley Football Conference announced the Players of the Week for the 10/24/ games. Jackrabbit kicker Kyle Harris is the special team player of the week. Offensive player of the week is Indiana State's QB Ryan Roberts. Defensive player of the week is So Illinois CB Korey Lindsay.

Other Jackrabbits getting recognition as "notable performers" included QB Tommy O'Brien and LB Jimmy Rogers.

Here's a link to the conference story: LINK

Re: Harris "Player of the Week"

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The Mo Valley Football Conference announced the Players of the Week for the 10/24/ games. Jackrabbit kicker Kyle Harris is the special team player of the week. Offensive player of the week is Indiana State's QB Ryan Roberts. Defensive player of the week is So Illinois CB Korey Lindsay.

Other Jackrabbits getting recognition as "notable performers" included QB Tommy O'Brien and LB Jimmy Rogers.

Here's a link to the conference story: LINK
    Congrats to Kyle Harris. Appears to be a great young man. This would be his second PO recognition. The Jacks have really put emphasis on special teams over the years. Great win gentlemen.

Jackrabbit storm rolls onto to Youngstown.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Kyle made some great kicks AND made a TD-saving tackle on the opening kickoff.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Kyle made some great kicks AND made a TD-saving tackle on the opening kickoff.
        That he did. He broke down and tackled the kid to, no bailing out sideways and hoping the ball carrier trips. Huge play by Kyle, great kickoffs and I mean great (accept the one OB) as well as one heck of a FG, well deserved. I met his parents down in SLO, great people. Its easy to see why he was able to overcome the adversity associated with his first year and become and important part of this Jackrabbit team. I think a lot of people were shaking their head last year wondering if we made the best choice for a scholarship kicker.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          That he did. He broke down and tackled the kid to, no bailing out sideways and hoping the ball carrier trips. Huge play by Kyle, great kickoffs and I mean great (accept the one OB) as well as one heck of a FG, well deserved. I met his parents down in SLO, great people. Its easy to see why he was able to overcome the adversity associated with his first year and become and important part of this Jackrabbit team. I think a lot of people were shaking their head last year wondering if we made the best choice for a scholarship kicker.
          Congrats again to Kyle. I forgot about the tackle he made early in the game. The UNI runner was headed right up the middle and he did make a fine tackle..

I don't believe that Kyle is on a full scholarship? Hopefully with efforts like last week and in week one he will earn additional money the next two years.

Great win

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Congrats again to Kyle. I forgot about the tackle he made early in the game. The UNI runner was headed right up the middle and he did make a fine tackle..

I don't believe that Kyle is on a full scholarship? Hopefully with efforts like last week and in week one he will earn additional money the next two years.

Great win

GBGBGJ
            I may be wrong but I understood he was on scholarship. It's not an important point and I don't mean to distract from the topic. I'm glad Kyle Harris is a Jackrabbit.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I may be wrong but I understood he was on scholarship. It's not an important point and I don't mean to distract from the topic. I'm glad Kyle Harris is a Jackrabbit.
              Neither of us are wrong. Kyle Harris is on scholarship - just not a full scollie. But, if he keeps performing well he may earn that full scholarhship for the next year or two.

I do like the importance the Jacks staff puts on special teams. They win or lose many games over the years.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
              X