Best weekend ever for Jack fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best weekend ever for Jack fans?

1. FB win on Hobo Day, beats arrogant UNI,. first place of MVC within grasp.
    2. Big signing for men's basketball
    3. Women working toward third straight nationally prominent season?
    4. Big Hobo Day crowd witnesses SDSU's power move!

Go Jacks, don't let up. Youngstown is the classic trap game..

Re: Best weekend ever for Jack fans?

This was probably one of the most unique Hobo Day games I have ever seen. It looks like the game actually overshadowed the weekend events. In the past, the game was just the conclusion to the weeks festivities, but today the game was the most important event going on. Another thing I have noticed this year is that the fans and supporters have the feeling that we are going to win the game rather than just hoping to play a good game. The excitement in the stands prior to the game was different than in the past and we are finally expecting to win rather than hoping to win.

Comment

What ever happend to the Hobo Day dance at the Volstoff, that has traditionally concluded Hobo Week? Apparently its gone by the wayside. Other than the absence of the dance event, it was one the best ever weekends for a SDSU alum and fan.

I have missed very few home games since the 1986 season. To be sitting here Sunday morning and seeing that the SDSU record to date is 6 wins one loss, is uncomprehensible. Yes best ever and maybe best weekend, despite not being able to attend the Hobo Day Dance. I happy indeed with this weekend. Even stood on a few 3down plays yesterday and my throat is a little sore today.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        1. FB win on Hobo Day, beats arrogant UNI,. first place of MVC within grasp.
        2. Big signing for men's basketball
        3. Women working toward third straight nationally prominent season?
        4. Big Hobo Day crowd witnesses SDSU's power move!

Go Jacks, don't let up. Youngstown is the classic trap game..
        Can you say the week started with a third straight Dakota Marker victory. That's when the week really got off to a GREAT start.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Much better Hobo Day than the roller coaster ride last year. One complaint though. Our game of Spot The Drunk at the parade was an unusually difficult and low scoring affair.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Don't forget the womens volleyball team beating Western Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              Can you say the week started with a third straight Dakota Marker victory. That's when the week really got off to a GREAT start.

Very excellent point... Revise and extend to say best week ever.... possibly... Go Jacks

Comment

I'm going with the second week of November 2007

1) Volleyball team wins Summit League title
                2) SDSU knocks off NDSU in the Dakota Marker game
                3) Dana Dykehouse donates 6 million for the new Dykehouse Center

Now that I think about it, that was all in one day not a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  I'm going with the second week of November 2007

1) Volleyball team wins Summit League title
                  2) SDSU knocks off NDSU in the Dakota Marker game
                  3) Dana Dykehouse donates 6 million for the new Dykehouse Center

Now that I think about it, that was all in one day not a weekend.

That's pretty darned good....better to debate good weekends rather than bad ones. ...

Comment

Working...
                  X