O'Brien or Crawford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Brien or Crawford?

...so what does Stig do when Crawford is ready to go (presumably next week)? I have a hard time sitting O'Brien after today's game.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Crawford. You can't (shouldn't) lose your job to an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      ...so what does Stig do when Crawford is ready to go (presumably next week)? I have a hard time sitting O'Brien after today's game.

Great question. I agree that TOB has likely won the job and you just have to feel bad for Crawford. He has really been between and rock and a hard spot his entire career here at STATE. But coach Stig is really true to his seniors. But Crawford will really need to impress in practice for Stig to pull TOB. We just rolled up 428 yards on UNI with a RSF. Good job Thomas O'Brien ---- thats.....Outragious!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Crawford or O'Brien...its a good problem to have! Based on how we played when Crawford was in there I'm fine with him getting his job back. I haven't seen anything from either of them to make me feel uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Crawford or O'Brien...its a good problem to have! Based on how we played when Crawford was in there I'm fine with him getting his job back. I haven't seen anything from either of them to make me feel uncomfortable.
          It seems like there ought to be a way to take the best of both guys and build that into a game plan. The series where TOB takes the sideline and Minnitt takes the snap worked better today than it did against NDSU. Maybe Minnett should be the QB Ty Kool is a very good back and wow, we should run that a few times more. We seem to be very predictable in play calling so to mix it up and use both QB's would not be wrong in my book. But then I am not coach Stig. What would John Galardi do? St Johns beat SDSU on Hobo day long ago (1954) so he might have a suggestion or two.

Comment

I think, if Crawford can play, considering O'Brien has three years left and Crawford's done, Crawford should get the nod--if he can be effective, that is.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would have to give the nod to TOB. That throw he made to Fox for the 63 yd TD was very impressive. That's the one thing Crawford cannot do. With TOB in the game opposing defenses have to worry about the long ball.

Comment

I think Crawford should get the start when he comes back.

He earned it, was effective when he was starting, and is the most experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                  I would have to give the nod to TOB. That throw he made to Fox for the 63 yd TD was very impressive. That's the one thing Crawford cannot do. With TOB in the game opposing defenses have to worry about the long ball.
                  I agree...I've also noticed TOB learning to step-up in the pocket and have much better pocket awareness overall than he did a few weeks ago. It's a tough decision, but I'd go with TOB
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

You can't sit O'Brien after beating UNI and NDSU. He's won the job now. The injury to Crawford was unfortunate but part of football. I suspect Crawford is not done contributing yet, but the QB job should be O'Brien's to lose.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Well, I posted the question to TV on today's live blog and his response was that everything he had heard before the game was that Crawford was the starter when he is healthy. But ...

My thought is that the coaching staff made the right decision at the beginning of the year and the fans were split on the decision. It looked like a great decision and then RC had the injury. Many people thought that the coaching staff had made the wrong decision after the end of the game that TOB took over for RC. Now after 2 games it looks like a great decision by the coaching staff.

I don't know who they will start, but I think the standard will be as Stig has always said, whoever gives the team the best chance to win. I do think that one thing that will be a large factor in that decision is what the coaches think will happen with the running game; quite frankly it has not been at the level it should be.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I think, if Crawford can play, considering O'Brien has three years left and Crawford's done, Crawford should get the nod--if he can be effective, that is.
                        Disagree. Whoever the best player is should play. Years left shouldn't matter at all.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I agree...I've also noticed TOB learning to step-up in the pocket and have much better pocket awareness overall than he did a few weeks ago. It's a tough decision, but I'd go with TOB

I would say that TOB is a better athlete and Crawford was given the job as a safe pick at the time, but TOB is going to lead this team the rest of the way! Only game I have missed this year, had to go to a youth basketball tourney instead!

Comment

Noticed that today too. He doesn't scramble like Crawford, but he doesn't need to.

I'm all for loyalty, but I believe Stig even said that it's not fair to the team if they don't put the guy in that will give them the best chance to win. I say go with TOB. If the only reason that Crawford beat TOB was due to inexperience and risk of TO's, well that's been settled.

That said I wouldn't mind if it still went to Crawford.

Comment

As long as TOB doesn't try to reach for the first down while upside down on top of the pile and fumble it. Very scary play, and he was lucky Minett was right there to recover it. Other than that, TOB has been fantastic.

As for who to start...I have no clue.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X