Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Conference

Watching the press conference on GoJacks. Grace and Mahonney are giving us no props. They have repeated over and over that they beat themselves. Tacky

Re: Press Conference

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    Watching the press conference on GoJacks. Grace and Mahonney are giving us no props. They have repeated over and over that they beat themselves. Tacky
    Yep, a heartbreaking loss for them, but you figure they would at least lose graciously.

A lot of digs and backhanded compliments.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Are the pressers available on replay also? Never watched them before.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Grace was very tacky and poor sportish.

Mahoney (in my opinion) was giving an honest opinion. He said they made mistakes but gave props up to O'Brien. You could tell he wanted to say that OB didn't beat them, but he stopped himself and said that he played very well and effectively. I thought Josh did well. I have known him for awhile and I have nothing but good things to say about him as a player and as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Are the pressers available on replay also? Never watched them before.
          They archive them on GoJacks.com withing 24-48 hours. Thanks to Daktronics this is possible. They do all the grunt work and SDSU point man Eric Ray is in charge.

Comment

That is what I thought, but never took the time to look. Have to check them out this week. Thanks.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It's amazing the difference in class between the QBs at this press conference. I was incredibly impressed with the way O'Brien handled himself in the post game... Pat Grace, not so much.
              Last edited by Kemo; 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

I don't think Grace knew what he was talking about...first it was, "we beat ourselves" then it was "they just beat us", the it was "they didn't do anything we didn't see coming" then it was, "we just beat ourselves" then "they just beat us".....
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I haven't heard or watched the press conference yet but from what has been written, but after such a great game, show some class. If SDSU lost, it wouldn't have been "we beat ourselves", etc. Give the other team some credit. So what if you were expected to beat SDSU, you didn't. Get off your high horse. Great win Jacks!!!!!
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I haven't seen it yet either, but he is getting ripped on panthernation also for his performance in the presser.

Comment

I just watched the press conference again. UNI's coach, Mahoney, and Grace all refer to Thomas O'Brian as "that quarterback", "their quarterback", or "the quarterback."

If you don't know the name of the opposing team's quarterback, it shows a lack of preparation and respect. It should come as no surprise to lose when you underestimate an opponent and do not prepare for the game.

Ask any SDSU defensive player the name of Youngstown's quarterback. I bet they know.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I just watched the press conference again. UNI's coach, Mahoney, and Grace all refer to Thomas O'Brian as "that quarterback", "their quarterback", or "the quarterback."

If you don't know the name of the opposing team's quarterback, it shows a lack of preparation and respect. It should come as no surprise to lose when you underestimate an opponent and do not prepare for the game.

Ask any SDSU defensive player the name of Youngstown's quarterback. I bet they know.
                        They might not have named the QB by name, but I suspect those young guys had a lot of stuff running through their minds after losing a game they felt they should win. These people are not real bubbly people and never where. Some you who were not around when UNI was in the NCC, but I was. I recall a similar cool reaction then too, even in 1961-62-63 when SDSU either won or shared the NCC with UNI. There was no love expressed then either. Maybe its distance and not the same if Cedar Falls was located on I-29. Also we got to see the UNI bb play once a year in Brookings and that too was a pretty much a big game. It was their team against a noisey bunch in the Barn. UNI respects us but they are not going to kiss our cheeks.

I did detect respect from Coach Farley in the press conference, and that because Farley and Stig go back a ways to when Stig was a GA at UNI. He said Stig's team had not changed but he did say Stig was a consistent coach in being fundementally sound and we play sixty minutes of ball. To me that is about as humble as you are going to get when you are the losing coach.

Comment

I'm inclined to cut the UNI players a tiny bit of slack--they're in one of the premier programs in the FCS, and they've suddenly lost two games in a row in conference and are no longer a lock to make the playoffs--something that I'm sure none of them had any inkling could possibly happen to them.

Plus, they're kids/very young men, who have seldom if ever been in the position that they're in now--talking to the press about a loss to a better team. Not used to doing it, it's no surprise really that they don't do it very well.

Yeah, you can rag on them a bit, but do it too much and it starts sounding like we're sore winners. And people like sore winners even less than they like sore losers.

Bottom line is that our guys won--and fairly decisively at that. For a program like UNI, that's tough enough to deal with, but that's what they've got to do.

On to Youngstown!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll be sure to come back and watch postgame pressers after the Jacks get beat to judge whether or not your players and coach do enough arse kissing in regards to the team they lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              I'm inclined to cut the UNI players a tiny bit of slack--they're in one of the premier programs in the FCS, and they've suddenly lost two games in a row in conference and are no longer a lock to make the playoffs--something that I'm sure none of them had any inkling could possibly happen to them.

Plus, they're kids/very young men, who have seldom if ever been in the position that they're in now--talking to the press about a loss to a better team. Not used to doing it, it's no surprise really that they don't do it very well.

Yeah, you can rag on them a bit, but do it too much and it starts sounding like we're sore winners. And people like sore winners even less than they like sore losers.

Bottom line is that our guys won--and fairly decisively at that. For a program like UNI, that's tough enough to deal with, but that's what they've got to do.

On to Youngstown!
                              I will let everyone make their own judgement on how those "young men" handled the press conference, but in my opinion those seniors Grace and Mahoney showey absolutely no respect for their opponent and I doubt that is because of they are in a premier program or are not use to losing. IMHO that comes from not properly being mentored by their coaches and parents. These are not kids in high school, but rather 22 year old seniors in college who should know better by now or they never will. We have had a little success around here as well (maybe not to UNI's level) and I don't see that kind of demeanor from our players.

Comment

Working...
                              X