Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap'n Cat's Official Bunnies-Kitties Prediction Post!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap'n Cat's Official Bunnies-Kitties Prediction Post!!!

OK, enough BS, there's a game Saturday between two powerful MVFC teams: one, a traditional year-in, year-out conference leviathan, and the other, an up-and-coming perennial FCS and Valley powerhouse-to-be.

The talk between the two camps has been very civil, respectful and cordial. Our fanbases observe neither the arrogant, "glory-days" whining of those goons from the north, nor the over-the-top chauvinism of the Neanderthals of Carbondale.

The game must be played and will figure positively for either team, no matter who is victorious.

The Cap'n has a big soft spot for the Jacks, due heavily to the behavior of her fans - friendly, open and positive. He thrills at the excitement put forth over the last four years and the way they all have embraced this wonderful FCS phenomenon, very much unlike the pinheads in Fargo.

The Panthers are going to come into Brookings with a big chip on their shoulder and I know their coach, a former teammate and co-captain in 1985, is going to have blood in his eyes. The Jackrabbits are on the precipice of great success and stare longingly at their first FCS playoff berth (which I think will happen this year, especially after the Jacks beat Southern Illinois).

Nevertheless, I need to call the game as I (hope to) see it. And that is:

UNI 31
    SDSU 16

No matter the outcome, I have become and will remain a Jacks fan and know they will be one of the two or three teams who, with Northern Iowa, will battle each season for the conference crown and playoff positions.

Go Jacks!
    Go Cats!!!

Re: Cap'n Cat's Official Bunnies-Kitties Prediction Post!!!

Respectfully disagree. Conditions tough for the Panthers. No "roaring" PA system, muddy track, limited fan base for UNI. Jacks 30-24.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jacks by less than a touchdown in a low scoring affair.

Comment

Cap'n didn't know that filbert will be in the house on Saturday.

Jacks are undefeated in Division I football games that I've attended.

So there.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Respectfully disagree. Conditions tough for the Panthers. No "roaring" PA system, muddy track, limited fan base for UNI. Jacks 30-24.
          UNI will do fine without the PA (though Bob Justis does do a phenomenal job with that) and with having a fewer number of loud-and-proud Panther fans.
          The different field conditions will have some effect, in that they'll run a gameplan slightly different than the one they go for on "fast track" surfaces. But they're not some wimpy team that relies solely on speed and finesse. They can get in there and grind it out too. It's just a matter of whether or not they can get back to executing better and avoid the dumb mistakes that they fell prey to last week.

UNI 21, SDSU 17.
          Derrick Law ends up with 179 rushing yards.

Comment

I know everyone is talking about the weather and how this is going to be a battle in the trenches, and it very well could be, but I think it's still going to come down to the QB play. My prediction is more of a line: "1.5", which is the over/under point of TOB's turnovers. If O'Brien has no more than 1 interception/fumble, I think the Jacks pull this game out. If he has 2 or more, I see this game going to UNI. No pressure Thomas
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Capn, thanks for the nice words, but Jacks by 3 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                UNI 21, SDSU 17.
                Derrick Law ends up with 179 rushing yards.
                Sorry J, but if Derrick Law has to rush for 179 yards in order for UNI to win by four, I'm afraid you're in for a nasty surprise!

Comment

Jacks come from behind to win by a touchdown.

Comment

I have no idea what to think. Our defense gives us a chance, though. A lot will depend on the offense and special teams play. If Kyle Minett has a typical game, 100 yards and 2 TDs, SDSU wins. If not, it'll take TOB showing his stuff to give us a chance.

I think Coach Meadows figures out a way to run the ball.

SDSU 24
                    UNI 21
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Jacks win 24-23.

Comment

Jacks win the Mud Bowl 24-20 on a punt or kickoff return for a TD late to take the lead for good.

Comment

Two of the best defenses in all of FCS take on two good offenses. This war will be won on the D side. IMHO, Jacks D is better than Kittie D. Lowest scoring game that Jacks play this season 17-14 Jacks with a Riefenrath 45-yd FG at the end to salvage a win.

Either way this goes, both teams walk off field with respect for the other team, and best wishes to meet in a late round of the play-offs.

Comment

Jacks 17-13
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

As Tom Brady knows, a wet track presents a great opportunity for a good passer with good receivers. DBs are at a serious disadvantage trying to cover. The Jacks know the turf situation and take advantage of it: 24-14, SDSU.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X