SDSU NFL Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU NFL Players

I found this link and thought I would pass it along.

http://www.databasefootball.com/play...ate+University

It lists all the SDSU players that have played in the NFL. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it is good none the less.

Re: SDSU NFL Players

Pretty cool item for the superfan on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chuck-Loewen-198...6#ht_500wt_984

It's a 1980 game used jacket of former SDSU O-Lineman Chuck Loewen for when he played with the chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      Pretty cool item for the superfan on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chuck-Loewen-198...6#ht_500wt_984

It's a 1980 game used jacket of former SDSU O-Lineman Chuck Loewen for when he played with the chargers.
      I was doing some 'ebaying' as well as I thought it would be fun to collect cards for each SDSU player that played in the NFL.

Comment

Not an SDSU player but years ago I came across a Phil Hansen rookie card that was taken at Coughlin while Phil was being blocked by Gene Elrod. I own 2 or 3 somewhere.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack View Post
          I was doing some 'ebaying' as well as I thought it would be fun to collect cards for each SDSU player that played in the NFL.
          I just started my collection tonight with

1955 Doug Eggers
          1957 Pete Retzlaff Rookie
          1966 Wayne Rassmussen
          1973 Jim Langer Rookie

Gotta love Ebay. That jacket is a bit over my price limit though.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
            Not an SDSU player but years ago I came across a Phil Hansen rookie card that was taken at Coughlin while Phil was being blocked by Gene Elrod. I own 2 or 3 somewhere.
            Here's a link to that card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHIL-HANSEN-1991...#ht_2819wt_969

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack View Post
              Somewhere I have some Pete Retzlaff and Wayne Rasmussen cards that I bought at collectors card flea market in the Western Mall in Sioux Falls. Might have been ten years ago.The seller was a card dealer out of Fargo. I got them very cheap and what surprised me is that this dealer did not know Peter Retzlaff was from Ellendale North Dakota. If I can locate the cards I will PM you. I just looked where I thought I put them and of course they are not there as musty mind had suggested.

Comment

Thanks for the find mitchell. I have always wondered if there was a place to search the NFL by school.

Comment

Wayne was my neighbor growing up. Played football w/ his son Casey.

Comment

Don't forget about Erickson. He is in his 2nd year at Denver.

Comment

What about the CFL??
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                        What about the CFL??
                        I saw part of a CFL game last night. You can have unlimited backs in motion, so sometimes they run this play where 3 WRs run up to the line and the ball is snapped right before they cross the line.

It looks very weird.

Goal posts on the goal line and a 15 yard deep end zone also look very very weird.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          I saw part of a CFL game last night. You can have unlimited backs in motion, so sometimes they run this play where 3 WRs run up to the line and the ball is snapped right before they cross the line.

It looks very weird.

Goal posts on the goal line and a 15 yard deep end zone also look very very weird.
                          Yeah it is quite a different game but a lot of fun to watch IMHO. I know Ranek was there for a while. Didn't know if any other Jackrabbit was up there for a while.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I just started my collection tonight with

1955 Doug Eggers
                            1957 Pete Retzlaff Rookie
                            1966 Wayne Rassmussen
                            1973 Jim Langer Rookie
                            I've been adding to my SDSU/NFL alum football card collection and just got a 1979 Jim Langer in the mail today. I bring it up because on the back of the card they put little tidbits & trivia about the player or the NFL on the bottom. On this card I received it says "Jim enjoys drinking beer." with a cartoon of a football player holding a foaming beer as his tidbit. I thought that was pretty funny.

Also it's crazy how big athletes have gotten in the past 30 years. In 1979, pro-bowl center Jim Langer weighed in at 6'2" 252 lbs.

Comment

I've been adding to my SDSU/NFL alum football card collection and just got a 1979 Jim Langer in the mail today. I bring it up because on the back of the card they put little tidbits & trivia about the player or the NFL on the bottom. On this card I received it says "Jim enjoys drinking beer." with a cartoon of a football player holding a foaming beer as his tidbit. I thought that was pretty funny.

Also it's crazy how big athletes have gotten in the past 30 years. In 1979, pro-bowl center Jim Langer weighed in at 6'2" 252 lbs.
                              I was at a baseball game when Jim son, Tracey, was playing. Some one got him talking about football cards and he mentioned that one of the cards said he enjoyed drinking beer. I thought he was messing around, guess it was true. That's funny!
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X