1o/17 MVFC Player of Week Honorable Mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1o/17 MVFC Player of Week Honorable Mention

No Jackrabbit players of the week in the MVFC but the conference saw fit to mention some Jackrabbits in the "Other Notable Performances" category.

The players of the week were:
    OFFENSE: TE Clay Harbor, Missouri State U, 8 receptions for 171 yards in the 17-16 win at Western Illinios.
    DEFENSE: CB Brandon Williams, So Illinois, scored the winning touchdown at UNI by intercepting a Pat Grace pass and taking it 21 yards to the endzone.
    SPECIAL TEAMS: PK Pat Hottleman, Missouri State, for hitting a 37-yd FG to seal the game against Western Illinois.

Notable performances included:
    Offense
     RB Kyle Minett, SDSU -- career-high 34 carries for 164 yards and two TDs vs. NDSU
    Defense
     LB Derek Domino, SDSU -- 12 tackles, 2 interceptions, including one returned 16 yards for a TD

LINK

Re: 1o/17 MVFC Player of Week Honorable Mention

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    No Jackrabbit players of the week in the MVFC but the conference saw fit to mention some Jackrabbits in the "Other Notable Performances" category.

The players of the week were:
    OFFENSE: TE Clay Harbor, Missouri State U, 8 receptions for 171 yards in the 17-16 win at Western Illinios.
    DEFENSE: CB Brandon Williams, So Illinois, scored the winning touchdown at UNI by intercepting a Pat Grace pass and taking it 21 yards to the endzone.
    SPECIAL TEAMS: PK Pat Hottleman, Missouri State, for hitting a 37-yd FG to seal the game against Western Illinois.

Notable performances included:
    Offense
     RB Kyle Minett, SDSU -- career-high 34 carries for 164 yards and two TDs vs. NDSU
    Defense
     LB Derek Domino, SDSU -- 12 tackles, 2 interceptions, including one returned 16 yards for a TD

LINK
    Hard to argue with a TE who catches 8 passes for 171 yards, I suppose, although I think Minett's game was more impressive.

But I'd say Domino was robbed. His TD was the "winning" TD in our game, too. Brandon Williams had 1 assisted tackle to go with his one interception. Quite a stat line. Domino had two tackles for loss as well.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

JOKE!

I knew they would have to take someone from the #2 vs. #5 team in the country game, but come on, Domino was the "Dominotor" Saturday.

Comment

Yeah, they screwed the pooch on that one. One INT for TD and one tackle against 2 INT, one for TD, and 12 tackles. I don't think the stat line is that difficult to read. In that case, maybe the defensive back for NDSU who almost had an INT and a TD should have won. Stat line is almost the same (not smack towards the NDSU player, but aimed at the people handing out the Player of the Week).
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Can't believe Domino didn't the award for the week. I told people in our section Sat night that he would be a shoe-in w/ 12 tackles, 2 picks and a TD. What more do they want?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            Can't believe Domino didn't the award for the week. I told people in our section Sat night that he would be a shoe-in w/ 12 tackles, 2 picks and a TD. What more do they want?
            A player for a team other than SDSU to win a player of the week! I haven't gone back and looked but haven't the Jacks had someone win almost every week?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              A player for a team other than SDSU to win a player of the week! I haven't gone back and looked but haven't the Jacks had someone win almost every week?
              We have had our share of winnners, no doubt. but I don't think you can deny Domino's stats for POW based on the fact we have had winners every week.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                Yeah, they screwed the pooch on that one. One INT for TD and one tackle against 2 INT, one for TD, and 12 tackles. I don't think the stat line is that difficult to read. In that case, maybe the defensive back for NDSU who almost had an INT and a TD should have won. Stat line is almost the same (not smack towards the NDSU player, but aimed at the people handing out the Player of the Week).
                Stats can be very misleading for defense. The corner could have played a great game, and have not that great of stats. Like how most QB's don't throw against Champ Bailey or the guy from Oakland that has a weird name, so they never really have that many INT's, but are still considered the top corners in the league. Of course I doubt the people who decide POW took really watched the game film to see if that corner was playing lock down D.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                X