The day after the Bison hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day after the Bison hunt

The Fargo Forum's Kevin Schnepf, working from the angle that NDSU recruited -- but not aggressively -- both Kyle Minnett and Derek Domino, has a nice story in today's Forum:

Here's the lead sentence: "Derek Domino and Kyle Minett didn’t feel wanted by North Dakota State. Four years later, the redshirt juniors have yet to lose to the Bison."

Later in the article, Stig made a sideways-reference to his decision to not kick a field goal (and then we didn't get the first down).

"Seconds earlier, the Bison defense stopped the Jacks on a fourth-down run. On NDSU’s next play, Domino stepped in front of Nick Mertens’ pass on the right flat and returned it 16 yards for the score.
    “Huge,” Stiegelmeier said of the interception. “It made me feel a lot better. I only had 25 seconds to think about if I should’ve kicked the field goal or not. Huge, huge. Derek had an unbelievably night tonight.”"

You may have to register to see the article but here's the LINK.

Re: The day after the Bison hunt

Here's the opening line from the Forum's story on the game:

"The North Dakota State trophy case that holds the Dakota Marker is getting lonely. It will have to go another year with nothing but dust."

And here's the last line in the story (which some on the NDSU "dump-Mertens" bandwagon will cite as support for bringing in the backup quarterback):

“We were ready to go, that first snap, we scored,” Mertens said. “I don’t know what happened from there.”

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Here's the opening line from the Forum's story on the game:

"The North Dakota State trophy case that holds the Dakota Marker is getting lonely. It will have to go another year with nothing but dust."

LINK
      The Bison Nation has to be in revolt. Love it!

Great dominating win Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I just want to say thanks to all the great NDSU fans in attendance. Freddy had the fireball. There were many of the old gang around us in attendance. Camaraderie was running high and the stands were rowdy and fun.

You cant ask for a better host than the SDSU folks. Some of the reports coming into the Golden Arm Official Field Cruiser set up directly in front of gate 2 indicated some friction in the lots between the two fan bases. This was not directly experienced. All the SDSU fans stopping by the cruiser for updates on the national scene and autographs were gracious, in good humor and humble about their prospects and proud of their team.

Caughlin Alumni is growing. Its old feel of playing football in cow pasture with some stands brought in is just about gone. Its a sad passing but inevitable as the SDSU program grows into its vast potential.

Thank You to the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA!!!
        www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Only one thing left to say; that was a WHALE of a ball game!

Comment

Originally posted by JBB123 View Post

Thank You to the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA!!!

South Dakota State University, you mean....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
              South Dakota State University, you mean....
              Maybe he is thanking USD because they stayed behind and we now have a much better rival in the Bison.

Just thinking with my fingers here.

Comment

Pretty funny reference to USD, JBB. We'll let that one pass and not respond with any UND comments -- they DO have a better record. Good to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere on game day. The NDSU fans around us had a lot of fun and there was a little good-natured ribbing going back and forth.

Irrespective of whether the USD reference was intentional or a slipup, lets not let this tumble into smack.

The season starts: We're looking to be 1-0 this coming weekend against the Panthers!

Comment

Pretty sure was thanking the University of South Dakota for beating UND. Watched that game before leaving for the Back Yard. The COugars DOMINATED. They'll be doing some crowing this week.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    Pretty sure was thanking the University of South Dakota for beating UND. Watched that game before leaving for the Back Yard. The COugars DOMINATED. They'll be doing some crowing this week.
                    Maybe, but the Univeristy of South Dakota didn't beat UND. The University of Sioux Falls did. I can understand how he could make that mistake as the schools are very similar, ha ha. For next time he needs to remember that USF is the one with a good football team.

Comment

Im sorry for the slip of the fingers. No disrespect intended.

I meant South Dakota State University, of course. Nobody was more surprised than me to see that.

Thanks again, I hope you enjoy the game in Fargo next year as much as everyone I talked to enjoyed their visit to Brookings.

Heck, Its been 7 or 8 years since I've been to USD, who are they again?

I hope the game is scheduled in the afternoon next time, both in Fargo and Brookings.
                      www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Well, I'm clearly a dope. Sorry. Of course it was Sioux Falls who beat UND. Not sure what I was thinking.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                        X