Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU's New Indoor Baseball Practice Facility

http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/Photo...&PALBID=349852

Here is a look at what Oral Roberts is building. It is too bad we could not get something like this for the baseball and softball teams to use.

Re: ORU's New Indoor Baseball Practice Facility

Hey, all it takes is money!

Seriously, even $5 a month makes a big difference, if you can swing it. 100 people each giving $5 a month is $6,000. That's 6k that the athletic programs wouldn't have otherwise.

You don't have to give thousands to make a huge difference. In fact, I'd say that having lots of smaller donors is, in the long run, better than depending on a few big donors--it's a more stable base on which to build a successful program. (Not that you shouldn't consider tossing SDSU a mil or two if you happen to have it laying around . . . )

If you're giving already, then think about hitting up your buddies, former SDSU classmates, etc. Don't be obnoxious about it, of course. Word-of-mouth, a couple of good experiences at a game or two, a couple of fun nights out at a watch party at a watering hole (or a game party at your house), are all good places to build the fan base and thereby build the donor base.

Just wear your SDSU gear around town. It's all about building "mind-share."

(This commercial was not brought to you by the SDSU Athletic Department, but by your friendly neighborhood Filbert.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Looks like a guy could put a lot of sheep in there and maybe a combine or two.

Seriously SDSU would not have to spend a great deal on a practice facilities and those Morton type buildings can be put up at a reasonable price. Good thinking ORU. You got what SDSU needs.

Comment

We need more than a Morton building, and what we need is $18 million and a facility like Akron has (which I intend to visit when going out for the Youngstown game)...a 300-meter indoor track, which takes care of a track facility for us, a football field inside the track, which takes care of football, soccer, baseball, track field events, etc.

I know that the athletic director believes that we can pursue both the indoor fieldhouse and the stadium needs at the same time, because of the belief that they will depend on different revenue sources. I'm all for that, but still believe that we need the indoor facility the most, for our teams and for recruiting against the teams we play who have indoor facilities (whether it is a dome or preferably a separate indoor fieldhouse) for recruiting. I hope we have the intensity to get that done and not get lost in the dream of a larger and modern football stadium. Obviously, we still need to study what is needed and what sources are available to build a new stadium and start formulating a time plan for an improved stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          We need more than a Morton building, and what we need is $18 million and a facility like Akron has (which I intend to visit when going out for the Youngstown game)...a 300-meter indoor track, which takes care of a track facility for us, a football field inside the track, which takes care of football, soccer, baseball, track field events, etc.

I know that the athletic director believes that we can pursue both the indoor fieldhouse and the stadium needs at the same time, because of the belief that they will depend on different revenue sources. I'm all for that, but still believe that we need the indoor facility the most, for our teams and for recruiting against the teams we play who have indoor facilities (whether it is a dome or preferably a separate indoor fieldhouse) for recruiting. I hope we have the intensity to get that done and not get lost in the dream of a larger and modern football stadium. Obviously, we still need to study what is needed and what sources are available to build a new stadium and start formulating a time plan for an improved stadium.
          The idea of what you outlined as a need seems to finally deal with inclimate weather that we are now experiencing and will probably experience again next spring so there is no disagrement about the need of the facility. What would concern me is that with that many sports needing a facility at the same time, some sport is still going to be without a facilty when they need it for an event or for practice. More than one facility I think would be ideal. What ORU is doing for baseball and Softball seems to be good idea in addition to the indoor fieldhouse. Of course "show me the money" is an issue. No matter how it works out, it will be a big improvement over our current setup.

Comment

Working...
          X