Bhs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhs

For all the worry warts about CAS Field being tore up by Brookings High School, my Bobcats play at Watertown Oct 16th. Hope they win JackJD.

Re: Bhs

This is the year to beat on Watertown. For decades, Watertown is at least an above-average team. This year? Two wins. Ouch. Oh well, it happens. We have a very good coaching staff but they don't get to recruit!

Comment

Watertown's fight song sounds like a ripoff of Mighty Oregon. They should just use that, it sounds better anyway.

Anyway WHS is usually pretty decent but it's a rivalry so throw out the record books in this one!

Comment

Both are 2-5 so they got a rivalry to play for and thats about all. Going to Watertown to watch football and BB games was always a fun trip during my heydays 1956-59. Tom McGran was unbelieveable bb player, and so was the crowed facility that WHS played in at the time. Also Jim Marking's smile was a real joy killer when BHS had to call time out to stop a run. Those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by fezzador View Post
          Watertown's fight song sounds like a ripoff of Mighty Oregon. They should just use that, it sounds better anyway.

Anyway WHS is usually pretty decent but it's a rivalry so throw out the record books in this one!
          Arrows surprised the Bobcats! Credit to coaches having to come up with some new ideas that worked for the undersized Arrows.

On the school song: Watertown's song is an original composition written in the 1950s by the father of the present Superintendent of Schools at Brandon Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Arrows surprised the Bobcats! Credit to coaches having to come up with some new ideas that worked for the undersized Arrows.

On the school song: Watertown's song is an original composition written in the 1950s by the father of the present Superintendent of Schools at Brandon Valley.
            Congratulation Jack JD on the win. The Brookings talent has its ups and downs and probably kind of down right now.

Comment

Both teams are equally unimpressive. That said Brookings is at home Thursday night.

Comment

I haven't seen the score, but from prior posts I assume Watertown beat Brookings.

Not surprising. Watertown ALWAYS beats Brookings. It drives me crazy!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I haven't seen the score, but from prior posts I assume Watertown beat Brookings.

Not surprising. Watertown ALWAYS beats Brookings. It drives me crazy!
                  I believe the score was 16 to 13. Someone had to win

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I know that WHS's fight song was an original composition, but it sounds like that Mighty Oregon could have been an inspiration for it (I'm pretty sure that MO is older than P&G). Maybe it's just me, but I really think there are some similarities between the two.
                    Decide for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFa9u...eature=related (Mighty Oregon)

Comment

I listened. I decided for myself.

Comment

How did the field hold up last night for the Brookings-Yankton game? Anyone go?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                          How did the field hold up last night for the Brookings-Yankton game? Anyone go?
                          Looked the same as it did going in, no big divots or anything probably held up better due to the young kids playing football on the field and stomping things out. Still a little water on the sidelines though.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                            Looked the same as it did going in, no big divots or anything probably held up better due to the young kids playing football on the field and stomping things out. Still a little water on the sidelines though.
                            some drop some sand or saw dust on the sidelines and clean that mess up!

Comment

I think the BHS, Pop Warner Kids and anyone else who stepped on the field helped slow down UNI. The invisible player NAME; Soft muddy field should be the player of the week. Those fancy reverse plays by tried UNI early in the game that resulted fumbles might not have happen on a carpet.

Comment

Working...
                              X