Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oopsie . . . KSFY not broadcasting the game

Just out from Gojacks.com:
    Due to programming obligations dictated by ABC Television, Sioux Falls-based KSFY-TV will not air the broadcast of Saturday's Dakota Marker football game between North Dakota State and South Dakota State as earlier planned.

KSFY officials have reached agreements with cable providers Mediacom and Midcontinent Communications to offer the broadcast live on their local access channels — Channel 23 for Midcontinent and Mediacom Connections Channel 10. The game will continue to broadcast live on KNBN-TV in Rapid City, as well as NBC affiliates in North Dakota. Coverage will begin at 6 p.m., with kickoff slated for 6:07 p.m. from Coughlin-Alumni Stadium on the SDSU campus.
    I'm guessing KSFY didn't read the fine print in their affiliates' agreement with ABC that said Thou Shalt Carry Our Stuff On Saturday Nights. Or Else.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Oopsie . . . KSFY not broadcasting the game

Big, honkin' FAIL!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Lame. They're airing a car race in stead. Who the hell cares? It's like missing Saturday's game to go pheasant hunting.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        It's like missing Saturday's game to go pheasant hunting.
        Some people can actually do both (pheasant hunt AND attend the game)
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Interesting, didn't they air the Dakota Marker game over a nationally televised college football game last year?
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Yes, they did air our game over another college football game last year. Saturday is the fifth race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase. Love it or hate it (racing), they're not gonna get an exemption to pre-empt that.

This is indeed an EPIC FAIL on the part of KSFY. All 10 of the Sprint Cup chase races are on ABC every year and the schedule was released a year ago. They should have known there would be a conflict, and if they thought they had any chance to bump NASCAR for our game they were badly mistaken.

"You trusted us"

Comment

if I read it right though isn't Kota (ABC affiliate west river) airing the game?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
                . . .
                Rep for you for the double facepalm . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  if I read it right though isn't Kota (ABC affiliate west river) airing the game?
                  KNBN (NBC affiliate, I believe) is airing it (according to that article).

Comment

Working...
                  X