SDSU Fight Song music shared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Fight Song music shared?

Did you know the music for Ring the Bells is shared with at least two other schools. Miami of Ohio and the Univ of Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7jYHuPIZE

Re: SDSU Fight Song music shared?

That's crazy stuff.

Ours is out of date anyway...can't ring ring ring those bells, doh!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yeah I found that a couple months ago and sent him "Ring the Bell" and he hasn't done anything with it...
      Go State! Go State!

Comment

Our "Ring The Bells" is to the tune of what was originally the U. of Chicago's fight song.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

and U of Chicago's was to the tune of U of Miami of Ohio.

Wave the Flag (For Old Chicago) is the fight song for the University of Chicago's athletic teams, the Maroons. Gordon Erickson wrote the song in 1929. The tune was adapted from Miami University's "Marching Song" written in 1908 by Raymond H. Burke, a University of Chicago graduate who joined Miami's faculty in 1906.
          Miami's fight song was composed in 1908 by Professor of Geology Raymond H. Burke.
          Go State! Go State!

Comment

. . . and North Dakota State University.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...&ATCLID=187671
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Where can a person get a copy of the song Ring the Bells played by our famous band? I'd love to have it as a ringtone.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                and U of Chicago's was to the tune of U of Miami of Ohio.
                I learned something today. Thanks!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I bet it is shared more than we think...or know. At Springfield, MSU had a video with the music of "Ring the Bells" on their scoreboard with different emphasis words. The words just popped up when it was "Ring the Bells" time in the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    I bet it is shared more than we think...or know. At Springfield, MSU had a video with the music of "Ring the Bells" on their scoreboard with different emphasis words. The words just popped up when it was "Ring the Bells" time in the music.
                    Yep, its shared. I went to a few high school games when I lived in Columbus Nebraska and guess what the school song is for Columbus High? Ring the Bells of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Well, the tune with which SDSU old-timers sing "Far Across The Plains" is actually the Cornell alma mater, I believe. (It's an Ivy League school's song, I'm fairly sure.) I know the University of Kansas uses it, and I've heard it elsewhere as well.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Oakland Grizzlies fight song sounds similar--which makes me wonder how many songs out there started out as this song, the Notre Dame fight song, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          apparently, according to Wikipedia, the Chicago fight song was adapted from the Miami fight song which was written by a Chicago alumnus.
                          Miami (Ohio), right

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Well, the tune with which SDSU old-timers sing "Far Across The Plains" is actually the Cornell alma mater, I believe. (It's an Ivy League school's song, I'm fairly sure.) I know the University of Kansas uses it, and I've heard it elsewhere as well.
                            Are you talking about the alma mater song (follows the school song before and after each half)?

While owning up to borrowing from the University of Chicago, GoJacks.com says nothing about borrowing "Yellow and Blue" from anywhere....

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&ATCLID=900205

And I have to say the Cornell Alma Mater doesn't sound much like "Yellow and Blue":

http://www.cornell.edu/tours/tidbit_template0416.html

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Miami (Ohio), right
                              I edited that post because I missed that there was this whole other page of posts--several, of which already had that tidbit...

Any way of getting the forum to display the results from oldest to newest, instead of the other way around?

Comment

Working...
                              X