NDSU Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Volleyball

Bison won the first two sets against the Jacks. Jacks won the third set before NDSU finished things off in the fourth set.
    Fiona Jones had 17 kills and 13 digs for SDSU. It was the 28th straight Summit League win for NDSU with 773 fans in attendance.
    It sounds like Fiegen might be shut down for the season with a stress fracture in her leg. Good thing some of the freshmen are getting some good experience, just sucks they don't have Fiegen.

Re: NDSU Volleyball

North Dakota State broke the league record with its 35th straight conference win on Saturday with a 3-2 defeat of South Dakota State in front of 1,808 fans at Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse.
    NDSU won by the scores of 25-21, 20-25, 25-23, 26-24 and 15-7.The Jacks, who fall to 9-16 overall and 8-8 in league play, faced elimination with the combination of an IPFW win and an SDSU loss on Saturday, both of which happened. The Bison improve to 20-3 overall, 16-0 in league play.

Comment

What happened when NDSU played in the volleyball match here? I saw this on the Fargo Forum site. I couldn't read the article because it says it's already archived, but here's what I read:

"North Dakota State is addressing two separate issues regarding athletics and student behavior in the stands – one in a home football game and one in a volleyball match at South Dakota State, where comments apparently reached the point of bringing one Bison player to tears."

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publis...icle_id=256138

Anybody know anything about this? Was anybody on here at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
        What happened when NDSU played in the volleyball match here? I saw this on the Fargo Forum site. I couldn't read the article because it says it's already archived, but here's what I read:

"North Dakota State is addressing two separate issues regarding athletics and student behavior in the stands – one in a home football game and one in a volleyball match at South Dakota State, where comments apparently reached the point of bringing one Bison player to tears."

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publis...icle_id=256138

Anybody know anything about this? Was anybody on here at the game?
        A few of the baseball players got rowdy and were saying some harsh things to their players, including Kelly Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
          NDSU won by the scores of 25-21, 20-25, 25-23, 26-24 and 15-7.
          Well, there's always next year. Wonder how many other teams pushed NDSU to five sets at home this season.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Well, there's always next year. Wonder how many other teams pushed NDSU to five sets at home this season.
            None. Your gals played out of their minds. A surprising number of unforced errors by NDSU certainly helped, but it was one spectacular dig by SDSU after another.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              None. Your gals played out of their minds. A surprising number of unforced errors by NDSU certainly helped, but it was one spectacular dig by SDSU after another.
              Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

The rivalry is more enjoyable when both teams are about as good as each other, not when one team handily outclasses the other.

Comment

A few of the baseball players got rowdy and were saying some harsh things to their players, including Kelly Lopez.
                The Forum article referred to two incidents, one at NDSU and one at SDSU. What happened at the SDSU event? (I assume the one described by SidelineObserver referred to NDSU baseball players and the incident at NDSU.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  The Forum article referred to two incidents, one at NDSU and one at SDSU. What happened at the SDSU event? (I assume the one described by SidelineObserver referred to NDSU baseball players and the incident at NDSU.)
                  No the one I described was the one that happened at SDSU when NDSU came down for their match a month ago. It was SDSU baseball players harassing the Bison bench.

Comment

No the one I described was the one that happened at SDSU when NDSU came down for their match a month ago. It was SDSU baseball players harassing the Bison bench.

I've always wanted to attend a home baseball game, and was planning to take some time off work to do so , but if our baseball players are being classless a$$e$ at other sporting events on campus, maybe I'll hold off, I don't need to support that.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                    X