North Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota State

We really need to wrap up Pat Paschall as he is a darn good back. He makes a lot of yards after the initial hit.

Re: North Dakota State

Bison have outrushed and outgained UNI and have run nearly twice as many plays... Still, losing by 8. 150 yards in penalties and they kicked off out of bounds just when they needed a stop to potentially tie the game. They look like a mistake-prone team

Comment

It got kind of ugly towards the end. The Bison announcers seen an UNI player throw a wicked punch, but the refs called offseting penalties seems like the refs saw more than one punch. Also Mertens was called for a forward lateral pass(crossed the line of scrimmage) on this same play so it was a 5 yard penalty against the Bison. Scott Miller and NFL Phil Hanson did not like that play call at all.

Jackguy II is right about Paschall, we can not allow him running room. Despite a 1-5 record, Paschall has six games of 100 plus rushing. He is dangerous if he has running room. Jimmy Jack said last week that he Paschall appears very capable of fumbling, and boy do I hope JJ is right on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        It got kind of ugly towards the end. The Bison announcers seen an UNI player throw a wicked punch, but the refs called offseting penalties seems like the refs saw more than one punch. Also Mertens was called for a forward lateral pass(crossed the line of scrimmage) on this same play so it was a 5 yard penalty against the Bison. Scott Miller and NFL Phil Hanson did not like that play call at all.

Jackguy II is right about Paschall, we can not allow him running room. Despite a 1-5 record, Paschall has six games of 100 plus rushing. He is dangerous if he has running room. Jimmy Jack said last week that he Paschall appears very capable of fumbling, and boy do I hope JJ is right on that one.
        Paschall, countered with a punch himself. I was actually surprised that both Paschall and the UNI player were not both ejected from the game. Usually punches thrown lead to ejections. Hopefully we can frustrate him and the rest of the Bison this Saturday. Bison offense is dangerous and the defense has shown flashes of being dangerous as well, especially pressure on the QB at times.

Comment

27 penalties, over 270 yards even for both teams. Sounds like a rivalry game, but obviously the Bizon are frustrated.

Glad we have these two teams at home. UNI didn't prove invincible yet.

Comment

Can we either make this the official game thread for next week's game or move it to the Missouri Valley Conference Section.

Thanks.

I watched the end of the NDSU/UNI game and I was rooting for NDSU. I have decided I don't like Pat Grace and I sure hope we stick it in his ear in two weeks.

Let's get the Bison first though.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              Can we either make this the official game thread for next week's game or move it to the Missouri Valley Conference Section.

Thanks.

I watched the end of the NDSU/UNI game and I was rooting for NDSU. I have decided I don't like Pat Grace and I sure hope we stick it in his ear in two weeks.

Let's get the Bison first though.
              Bison are Jacks' next opponent, what's wrong with the thread?
              I see over on Bisonville that despite the fact Mertens threw for over 300 and his offense put 27 up on the 4th ranked team in the country, he's again being blamed and attacked. Not much mention of a defense that gave up 42. It really is amazing how they focus all their frustration on one player over there. Feel sorry for the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Nothing is wrong with this thread as long as talk now turns to SDSU v. NDSU and not NDSU's game against UNI.

I guess that's just a little of my OCD coming out. I can't stand something being out of order. If talk continues to focus on NDSU v. UNI it should be moved.

Comment

The intent was for it to be the thread leading up to the game. Can't control what people comment on along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    The intent was for it to be the thread leading up to the game. Can't control what people comment on along the way.
                    Intent taken and accepted. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Love it.........
                      UNI just a short FG away from beating Iowa-----who is now 6-0, 2nd in the Big 11 and darn near top 10.....UNI then is less than impressie against Fargo U.....who stinks right now.

SDSU - 34
                      NDSU - 10

Trifecta!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        I see over on Bisonville that despite the fact Mertens threw for over 300 and his offense put 27 up on the 4th ranked team in the country, he's again being blamed and attacked. Not much mention of a defense that gave up 42. It really is amazing how they focus all their frustration on one player over there. Feel sorry for the kid.
                        The Bison scored 1 TD in non-garbage time, so no, the offense didn't put up 27. 1 TD was at the end of the game and the other was on a blocked punt.

The defense gave up 35, not 42, as UNI scored on a blocked punt as well. I thought the defense played very well, at least in contrast of some past performances this year.

The bulk of the complaints with the offense are from the lack of red zone performance. We couldn't score a TD on 1st and goal from the 1. We had two drives deep into UNI territory in the first quarter and came away with nothing.

It will be nice to spoil your hopes this year, like you did to us in 2007

Comment

I had the NDSU/UNI game on TV (no sound--focusing on the Jacks on WNAX) and bounced back and forth with the USD game on TV. Mertens has some unconventional moves (I don't get the sidearm throws he makes once in a while) but he is capable of being a decent quarterback, contrary to what a few on Bisonville say.

As the NDSU game at CAS approaches, prepare yourself for teasing about how SDSU's CAS does not compare to NDSU's rented facility; how SDSU does not have rabid fans like NDSU who exaggerate by twice how many fans travel to Brookings from Fargo; how SDSU doesn't have DII National Titles like NDSU; etc. etc....

And just let the teasing go.

We're not playing the Bison with a new stadium hanging in the balance. We're not playing to confirm some DII titles from years ago. We'll continue to have great and growing fan support who will come to watch the Jackrabbits play for the goal of 1-0 that weekend -- and retention of the Dakota Marker.

While some NDSU fans want to get rid of Coach Bohl, he's no dummy and he will have a game plan (okay, a whale of a game plan) to defeat the Jackrabbits. We have to assume the Bison players have a lot of heart and talent and are sick and tired of their season so far. They're not quitters. Most likely: they want to really pound somebody.

My prediction: Jackrabbits take care of a dangerous Bison team by 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                            27 penalties, over 270 yards even for both teams. Sounds like a rivalry game, but obviously the Bizon are frustrated.

Glad we have these two teams at home. UNI didn't prove invincible yet.

All of the Bison penalties tell me that Bohl has a team out of control. Are they capable of putting it together and beating the Jacks and other Valley teams? Yes. But it won't be this week. I just thing the Jacks are full of confidence and dare I say are a pretty good team. Another week of practice for TOB with the starting lineup will really help the young QB.

Weather forecast for Saturday - 62 degrees under partly sunny skies. Game forecast for Saturday - Jacks 32 - Bison 17.

Should be a great day. A little bird hunting, a little tailgating and a Jackrabbit victory. 1-0 this Saturday.

GBGBGJ

Comment

If we can protect TOB and get Minett going, we'll win by between 10 and 17. The defense will have to be tougher this week than they were against MSU. Paschal is a very good back, and Nick "Throw-a-Pick" Mertens will make a decent (albeit sidearm) throw from time to time. And Mertens has become a real running threat this year.

The records don't mean much in this game. But I think we have the better team.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X