Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedules

Is there somewhere where we can look to see who we play in our OOC schedule the next couple years? I know we have an open date next year but I was wondering if Stig's philosophy is changing. Playing a FBS team and our conference is tough enough. I don't want terrible teams but if the other games were Cal Davis and USD(caliber), we could play good teams win and make the playoffs.
    I'm not giving up on this year but now I'm actually wondering if we'll make it.
    The schedules aren't complete but if we know we're playing Nebraska, Illinois, etc..., we might know some of the other games,too.
    Thanks!!

Re: Schedules

The Schedules can be found here

These games were also listed in the media guide
    Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      Is there somewhere where we can look to see who we play in our OOC schedule the next couple years? I know we have an open date next year but I was wondering if Stig's philosophy is changing. Playing a FBS team and our conference is tough enough. I don't want terrible teams but if the other games were Cal Davis and USD(caliber), we could play good teams win and make the playoffs.
      I'm not giving up on this year but now I'm actually wondering if we'll make it.
      The schedules aren't complete but if we know we're playing Nebraska, Illinois, etc..., we might know some of the other games,too.
      Thanks!!
      It's UC Davis. Sorry, pet peeve.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Delaware may be a tough away game early in the year. Although, a win against an East team good or average would be a boost for playoff selection.

I like the SeLa games in '12 and '13. It's teams like that are much more winnable and they are less likely to be having stellar years based on the programs past performance.

With the MoValley and an FBS I'd like to see three SeLa type teams. I think we lucked out with GSU's situation this year.

However it's much better than most of the OOC FBS schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
          Delaware may be a tough away game early in the year. Although, a win against an East team good or average would be a boost for playoff selection.

I like the SeLa games in '12 and '13. It's teams like that are much more winnable and they are less likely to be having stellar years based on the programs past performance.

With the MoValley and an FBS I'd like to see three SeLa type teams. I think we lucked out with GSU's situation this year.

However it's much better than most of the OOC FBS schedules.
          It will be a tough game. And if we win that one, it will be HUGE for our playoff chances, and for gaining more respect for the MVFC. Beating a traditional power CAA team would be seen as a exceptionally quality win, up there with beating Montana at Montana.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

AD Justin Sell was on Sports Talk with Craig, John, and Stu this afternoon and mentioned that he has been having discussions with USD AD Joel Nielsen about future schedules. He said that the football game with USD would probably be happening sooner rather than later and the only sticking point was working around the scheduled road dates. Keep in mind this is not a direct quote I am only paraphrasing, I hope I didn't take what he said out of context.

Comment

Next year? Either way, make it late in the year at home!

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
                AD Justin Sell was on Sports Talk with Craig, John, and Stu this afternoon and mentioned that he has been having discussions with USD AD Joel Nielsen about future schedules. He said that the football game with USD would probably be happening sooner rather than later and the only sticking point was working around the scheduled road dates. Keep in mind this is not a direct quote I am only paraphrasing, I hope I didn't take what he said out of context.
                I think you mean Austin Sell. At least that's what they called him at the beginning of the interview.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I think you mean Austin Sell. At least that's what they called him at the beginning of the interview.
                  Why does that not surprise me!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Hey SF you heard the interview also. What is your take on Sell's comments about scheduling USD and future road games? To me it sounded like there may be a little shakeup in our future schedules, but I wasn't able to catch the whole interview and might have taken it out of context. Also, a liked the comment about trying to have 6 home games every year. I missed the part about CAS, did Sell have anything new to add about facilities?

Comment

Working...
                    X