Cheap Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Tickets

MSU bears giving out $5 tickets this week.

Has SDSU ever tried this for key late season games to fill the stands? Maybe we are past that point, but might be worth a try to grab new fans.

Re: Cheap Tickets

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post

Has SDSU ever tried this for key late season games to fill the stands? Maybe we are past that point, but might be worth a try to grab new fans.

I don't believe cost of game has anything to do with it!

however, may all kids 18 and under free would be a better thought!

Comment

What a joke. Why not just give them away. I hope the Jacks never stoop to this level. You have to believe in the price/value of the your product or you just end up devaluing the perception of it. I believe UND has done some of this to certain market segments. MSU should be embarrased they have to offer $5.00 tickets to entice people to show up.

Comment

It's not stooping if they're funding their program and packing in the fans. That being said, though, I don't know if we need to sell tickets for $5. However, they do have a family plan. I think it's $40 for the whole gang and a couple of Cokes and hot dogs. That's something SDSU should consider. I also notice that at USD, you can trade season tickets to one game for ones to another if you're going to miss one. I like that idea, although I can understand why the ticket folks or university might not.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          It's not stooping if they're funding their program and packing in the fans. That being said, though, I don't know if we need to sell tickets for $5. However, they do have a family plan. I think it's $40 for the whole gang and a couple of Cokes and hot dogs. That's something SDSU should consider. I also notice that at USD, you can trade season tickets to one game for ones to another if you're going to miss one. I like that idea, although I can understand why the ticket folks or university might not.
          Okay, I'm confused. If I have season tickets -- tickets to each game -- why am I interested in "trading tickets" if I miss a game?

Comment

Could be also that a corporate sponsor has bought a bunch of GA tickets and given them back to MSU to be sold at 5 dollars. If you can find a sponsor to do that, its a good way to promote and make some extra revenue(five bucks a ticket ). Of course too, they may be way down in attendence and hoping to get number up with a discount sale of tickets. I am only speculating here.

I know in the past the Shriners have given free tickets to kids and others, but I believe they first bought them from SDSU.

Comment

MSU is still only expecting about 10,000 for this weekend's game, $5 tickets and all.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                MSU is still only expecting about 10,000 for this weekend's game, $5 tickets and all.
                We've had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 years... It takes a lot to build Adam base for FCS football in the heart of big 12 country and when you live 2 hours from an SEC school.

I may be wrong, but didn't you guys just draw 6000 for our game last year?

Comment

Originally posted by MSUBear View Post
                  We've had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 years... It takes a lot to build Adam base for FCS football in the heart of big 12 country and when you live 2 hours from an SEC school.

I may be wrong, but didn't you guys just draw 6000 for our game last year?
                  Yeah, but over the last two years we're averaging about 13,000.

I'm not being critical of MSU. In fact, I think it's great that your administration, given your attendance issues, has decided to try $5 tickets. My point was that we're already averaging more than 13,000 and that your experience (10,000 for a conference game with a ranked opponent and cheap tickets) suggests that a $5 ticket might not be the holy grail for attendance.

While I've got your attention. What did you mean by this: "SDSU fans are icredibly [sic] cocky, it seems. Let's shut them up" over at Bear Nation? Seems like you've been treated respectfully here, no? And that statement is at odds with the perceptions of our fan base that I've seen all over the nation. Don't believe me? Check gsufans.com, anygivensaturday.com, Cal Poly's fan board, etc. I haven't run into anybody on all of these forums who thinks SDSU fans are "cocky". What's up with that? Nobody here is characterizing MSU fans in any negative way.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Okay, I'm confused. If I have season tickets -- tickets to each game -- why am I interested in "trading tickets" if I miss a game?
                    I think what you can do is give your tickets to Game 1 to someone and they give you their tickets for Game 2. If each of you have 2 season tickets, then they other guy can bring 2 friends to Game 1 and you can bring 2 friends to Game 2.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

IMO, I do not believe in our division of football, cost of a game where the most expensive ticket is 20.00, I feel people do not even think about cost.

Comment

I believe one of their fans mentioned that their program has been down for several years and starting to come back. I think their coach Terry Allen is a great coach. He may have gotten chewed up by the Peter Prinicple at Kansas, but did a great job at UNI. Allen goes back to the days when Stig was a grad assistant at UNI so they have known each other for years.

I think the MSU O line is very improved over last year and their QB seemed to have forever to make a pass play. So I think MSU needs to promote to get their people back in the stands and Springfield I suppose is nearly as larger or larger than Sioux Falls. So the 5 buck tickets will not be forever.

Comment

I'm sure there are other promotions that would encourage cold weather attendance. It's likely that there aren't many in Brookings that would be lured by a $5 ticket.

Comment

I'm sure there are other promotions that would encourage cold weather attendance. It's likely that there aren't many in Brookings that would be lured by a $5 ticket.
                            I would agree. Being in the hunt for playoffs will change attendence considerably in cold weather, and the last thing we would do is drop to 5 bucks unless a corporate sponsor is willing to make up the difference which is not likely either.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many show up for the late games with the playoffs on the line. Really only the SIU game is "late" and it's only the 1st week in November. Given the opponent, importance and time between home games, it could draw very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X