Priddy and Brodie MVFC Notables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priddy and Brodie MVFC Notables

Dean Priddy's punting and Cole Brodie's tackling received attention as Notable Performances on the Missouri Valley Football Conference website. Even though the team lost a tough one, we still had some good performances.

Priddy punted eight times, with an average of 40.9 yards/punt. He put three inside the 20 and had a long of 53 yards. Nice job.

Brodie had a career high 12 tackles and 1 PBU against Poly.

Now me: I had 1 PBR during the Cal Poly game. Okay, maybe two.

Re: Priddy and Brodie MVFC Notables

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Dean Priddy's punting and Cole Brodie's tackling received attention as Notable Performances on the Missouri Valley Football Conference website. Even though the team lost a tough one, we still had some good performances.

Priddy punted eight times, with an average of 40.9 yards/punt. He put three inside the 20 and had a long of 53 yards. Nice job.

Brodie had a career high 12 tackles and 1 PBU against Poly.

Now me: I had 1 PBR during the Cal Poly game. Okay, maybe two.
    Thank goodness for both of these guys. Without them we wouldn't have had a chance in the game. Most of Brodie's tackles came with Poly players about 8 yards down field already. Seemed like our ends and LB's moved up field too soon allowing their backs to get the corner time after time. Cole made some nice plays to prevent much longer runs.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Thank goodness for both of these guys. Without them we wouldn't have had a chance in the game. Most of Brodie's tackles came with Poly players about 8 yards down field already. Seemed like our ends and LB's moved up field too soon allowing their backs to get the corner time after time. Cole made some nice plays to prevent much longer runs.
      Doc:
      I think you are on to something here. Just was checking the offical stats. Brodie and Kjerstad combined had 21 tackles assisted and solo as compared to 20 assisted and solo of Rogers, Domino and Johnson, the three linebackers. When the safeties are getting as many or more tackles than the linebackers, we are giving up a bunch of yards. Hope we can regroup. I notice Rogers has not had more than six tackles this year and there may be reasons for that. I do not know.

Comment

It didn't help that Cal Poly ran a bunch of option pitch plays. Plays where the back is way outside and the linebacker has to commit to the QB, leaving the S & CB to cover the pitch man.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          It didn't help that Cal Poly ran a bunch of option pitch plays. Plays where the back is way outside and the linebacker has to commit to the QB, leaving the S & CB to cover the pitch man.
          Regardless of the option , the issue being the QB wasn't that talented and they essentially had no FB presence. Most of the yards they got in the middle of the field were on off tackle counters to one of the flankers. Our DE's and LB's seemed a step slow regardless of the option. The dominated us on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The numbers proved that. 20 first downs, 35 minutes of possession and 350 yards of offense. It was a bad beat.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X