Ndsu 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndsu 2009

What the heck is up with the Bison? I saw that they lost to Ill St. 27-24 in the dome and are now 1-4.

The questions are:

1. Is NDSU that bad?
    2. Is Ill St. not as bad as the score we hung on them indicate?
    3. If NDSU is that bad, what happened?

Re: Ndsu 2009

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
    What the heck is up with the Bison? I saw that they lost to Ill St. 27-24 in the dome and are now 1-4.

The questions are:

1. Is NDSU that bad?
    1. I think yes. Right now, anyway.

2. I think yes. ISU-Birds will continue improve as the season goes along, I think. I suspect we were lucky to catch them early this year.

3. I am not exactly sure. Their problems off of the field in the off season certainly could not have helped.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post

The questions are:

1. Is NDSU that bad?

You simply gotta love it! I am sure all the knives and guns are already locked up for the night in Fargo.

And no, I don't think Ill State is very good. So, where does that leave the Bison? We will find out for ourselves in about 4 weeks.

GBGBGJ

Comment

1. Is NDSU that bad?
        Yes
        No
        -Nick Mertens
        -#1 and #2 wide receivers were lost to stupidity. No depth behind them.
        -Youth, there are freshmen and sophomores all over with little or no game time experience, many are starting. I beleive 6 true freshmen have had their redshirts pulled!
        -Defensive Coordinator, Willie Mack-Garza, is now coaching at Tennessee and an SDSU alum is DC at NDSU(). This defense is awful.

Comment

The SDSU Alum will do it everytime. If you are looking for good humor spend some time at Bisonville. Some of those fans have a great sense of humor. A tuba player is now playing center and the picallo team will be doing the punting as suggested in Personnel changes. I am still laughing at that one.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Latest evidence of cluelessness from up north. Ron Burgundy on Bisonville reports that Craig Bohl said on his radio that the referee who called the personal foul on the fateful play that ended Bison hopes was the same guy "who made the calls against SDSU."

Reason #1,012 why I like our coach better than theirs. Craig Bohl is a perpetual victim. Never mind his football budget is at least double what ours is. Never mind his ridiculous contract. Everyone is against him.

Wow.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Clearly, the Bison are victims of an ongoing vendetta by a MVFC referee. The "proof" is here:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17830
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                The SDSU Alum will do it everytime. If you are looking for good humor spend some time at Bisonville. Some of those fans have a great sense of humor. A tuba player is now playing center and the picallo team will be doing the punting as suggested in Personnel changes. I am still laughing at that one.
                I guess I will say I am surprised for the most part that most of our fans are actually "facing the music" and seeing how poor we are playing and how poor we have been playing since losing to SDSU in 2007. I think everyone is just so shocked that the only thing to do anymore is make jokes and look to the future because maybe that will lighten the sting.

And JJ you will find very few people on the Bohl Bandwagon right now. Most people I think are actually hoping somebody else will come along and offer him something to lure him away so they don't have to fire him and then pay him off. But this isn't two years ago when he had some 'feathers' in his cap as far as wins are concerned (ie Minnesota and Ball State).

The issues we have is a new DC with injuries everywhere on D, especially at LB, and are using our #2/3 RB now as a LB who is probably going to see significant playing time. Everyone complains about our offense, but we have been scoring. We just can't stop anyone at all. Heck something tells me the Brookings Bobcats could hang 30 on us!

I guess our role now becomes that of spoiler? UNI? 1 in 100 chance. SDSU? 10 in 100 chance? Either way, we would probably feel like SDSU did after they beat us in that 2007 game... See ya all October 17th!

Edit: And please just ignore the fans who make excuses about the refs... They are annoying and every school has them. It just seems ours are a little more vocal.

Comment

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
                  Edit: And please just ignore the fans who make excuses about the refs... They are annoying and every school has them. It just seems ours are a little more vocal.
                  I can ignore the fans, but this was your head coach suggesting that an official has a vendetta against his team (and subtly suggesting that the Bison deserved to win against SDSU and against ISU).

Seems like Bohl wants to nurture the notion that it's not his fault.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    I can ignore the fans, but this was your head coach suggesting that an official has a vendetta against his team (and subtly suggesting that the Bison deserved to win against SDSU and against ISU).

Like I said, you will find few people on his bandwagon right now. I know he is the coach @ NDSU, but I would prefer he not be and I've always felt that way. Being a Husker fan too, I really didn't want any part of him after he left there but then he rears his head at NDSU. Can't he just go to like Swag (U of Miami) so I can just continue not liking him??

Bohl has never been a person to accept responsibility for any of his actions and this year is no different. Continuous coach-speak and excuses. The sooner NDSU cuts ties, the quicker NDSU can attempt to become competitive again.

Comment

Normally comments like that result in a stern talking-to and usually a fine from the conference office.

I guess we'll see if the Valley office has a sense of humor about such things.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
                        how poor we have been playing since losing to SDSU in 2007
                        At the time, Kolpack remarked that the Bison hadn't played well since beating Minnesota:

http://areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?archive=2007-11

(see "10 Things")

Seems that win at Minnesota was the high water mark of the Bohl era.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Normally comments like that result in a stern talking-to and usually a fine from the conference office.

I guess we'll see if the Valley office has a sense of humor about such things.
                          Perhaps they'll fire him for us!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            At the time, Kolpack remarked that the Bison hadn't played well since beating Minnesota:

http://areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?archive=2007-11

(see "10 Things")

Seems that win at Minnesota was the high water mark of the Bohl era.
                            And in all honesty, I would totally agree with that. Knowing some of the players like I did, that was pretty much the season after that - nothing, and I mean nothing, else mattered. They were so up for that game after losing the year before by a point that I honestly don't know if they had anything 'left in the tank' for the rest of the year. Not making excuses for our loss, just sayin'.

I also think they felt a lot of pressure at NDSU to win a 'big' game after the basketball team had taken down Wisconsin and Marquette in back-to-back years. I think there was a feeling around campus that NDSU football shoulda been competing in the Big 10 or something because of how easily they were beating everyone at home. When you're winning games by 5-7 touchdowns against non-quality opponents, your fan base tends to think you're much better than you are.

I also think this shows how important recruiting for the future is and how you need to project 3 years into the future and obviously our staff is struggling with that a little bit.

Comment

Seems like a motivator for Jacks against a 1-5 rival.... opposing coach suggests Jacks didn't earn previous wins. Jacks can avoid that situation for him by winning decisively on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X