This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 3 SDSU Classic

The Jackrabbit cross country team hosts the SDSU Classic on Saturday, October 3, Edgebrook Golf Course.
    First time for Kansas State University to run in Brookings in anyone's memory. SDSU soph Greg Beesley's dad was a standout for Kansas State in the old days (mid to late 70s)...but he's a Jackrabbit fan now!

From GoJacks.com:

The South Dakota State men's and women's cross country teams return to their home stomping grounds at Edgebrook Golf Course for the SDSU Classic on Saturday.
    The Classic features 13 teams, four of which are regionally ranked. On the men's side, Kansas State is ranked 14th in the Midwest Region while SDSU comes in at 15th. The women also boast two regionally ranked teams with Minnesota coming in at first and Kansas State ranking sixth.

link

Re: Oct 3 SDSU Classic

The Jackrabbits won the men's division and placed fourth in the women's division at the Jackrabbit Classic. As I post this message, complete results not yet available. I watched the races. The Jackrabbit men looked very strong, finishing 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 to score 25 points for the win. Nebraska Kearney was second followed by Mankato, 3rd, Kansas State U in fourth. The SDSU Alumni men finished 7th.

The U of Minnesota won the women's division. SDSU was led by Ashley Storm.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      The Jackrabbits won the men's division and placed fourth in the women's division at the Jackrabbit Classic. As I post this message, complete results not yet available. I watched the races. The Jackrabbit men looked very strong, finishing 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 to score 25 points for the win. Nebraska Kearney was second followed by Mankato, 3rd, Kansas State U in fourth. The SDSU Alumni men finished 7th.

The U of Minnesota won the women's division. SDSU was led by Ashley Storm.

Watch GoJacks.com for official results.
      Good to see the men pickup the win

Comment

RESULTS: WOMEN and MEN

The adjective which best describes the men's performance: dominating.

Comment

If you look over the SDSU Classic results, you'll see the Jackrabbit men had just 25.1 seconds separating their first runner (3rd place Mike Krsnak) and their fifth runner (7th place Greg Beesley) at the finish line. That's impressive and running in a tight group like that is one of the keys to winning and placing high in the big meets.

Here's a photo example of group running by the Jackrabbits. In this picture, taken about mid-way through the race, you can see Krsnak leading the Jack pack with Greg Vollmer just off Mike's left shoulder. Behind them are Anthony Bongard (grey stocking cap) and just off Bongard's right shoulder and a step behind is Greg Beesley (yellow headband). Then there's the UN-Kearney fellow who was making a move and eventually finished second in the race. Jackrabbit Marshall Kambestad, also making a move at this point, is behind the UN-Kearney runner. The final order for the Jacks: 3. Krsnak; 4. Vollmer; 5. Bongard; 6. Kambestad; and 7. Beesley. Kambestad is a junior while the others are sophomores.
          Last edited by JackJD; 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Senior Ashley Storm led the Jackrabbit women with a 14th-place finish at the SDSU Classic. The women's race featured the outstanding U of Minnesota women and very good Kansas State University team. SDSU finished fourth, just behind an improving NDSU team which put together its best race of the season.

Comment

Another shot of the women's squad from http://ow.ly/i/2rt. I think in the picture are Emily Smith, Joni Storm, Molly Koopfman, and Nicole Davis. I'm probably wrong though but it's a good guess on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                Another shot of the women's squad from http://ow.ly/i/2rt. I think in the picture are Emily Smith, Joni Storm, Molly Koopfman, and Nicole Davis. I'm probably wrong though but it's a good guess on my part.
                That's Heidi Quail in the foreground (116), Joni Strom behind her (119), I believe Anna Garner next to her (108), and I think the other Jackrabbit is Krista Creager (104). So you were 1 for 4...good try!
                Last edited by KarmaKid; 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

hmm nice colorful girls
                  icnd certification Training Class Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices. Now you can pass any cisco ccna wireless course fast and easy. With our cisco ccna security training course, you can opt to take it online.

Comment

Hey man...what kind of comment is that?

Comment

One that resurrected a five month old, and now closed, thread.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X