Danny Batten's Pro Chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Batten's Pro Chances

Attached is an excerpt about Danny's Pro chances from the Sporting News.

http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...0922/?pg=8#pg8

"South Dakota State DE Danny Batten is a small-school prospect who is causing a lot of chatter. Batten (6'2 3/4, 24) has been impressive with his ability to impact games rushing the passer, chasing down running plays and making plays when dropping into coverage.

Batten plays with great passion and could be an ideal development prospect with the potential to become a starter. Batten could become a mid-round pick if he performs well at the postseason all-star games against improved competition.

Re: Danny Batten's Pro Chances

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Small-S...rd_update.html

Nfl Draft Bible has Danny rated as the 10th best small school prospect.

It looks like Danny came into the season lighter this year at 245 lbs. I can't help that think that scouts want to see what he can do at the LB position in the 3-4 and that's why he's lighter and why SDSU is moving him around more this year.

I know that Mitch Erickson switched from Tackle to Guard his senior year to help with his NFL chances and I noticed that last game Fick started at Tackle and Casey Bender moved inside to Guard which is where he is being looked at for the NFL.

It's good that Stig is willing to move these guys around to help them with their NFL chances.

Comment

Batten's been playing a bit of linebacker this year. Kind of reminds me of Chris Gocong from Cal Poly, who was a beast and moved around a lot on the defensive side.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Batten's been playing a bit of linebacker this year. Kind of reminds me of Chris Gocong from Cal Poly, who was a beast and moved around a lot on the defensive side.
        Couldn't tell much by watching on the computer, but it seemed like Jake Steffen was moved around quite a bit this last game as well. I know he dropped into coverage on his interception. Imagine trying to prepare for this defense when you have two versatile players like Batten and Steffen to worry about.

Comment

heard he was signing a agent as soon as he can and will not persue graduating

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
            heard he was signing a agent as soon as he can and will not persue graduating

Good move. He can always finish school. Focus on the NFL for the next couple of years, if it doesn't pan out, he can finish his degree.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I thought a school was subject to penalties from the NCAA if their students were not graduating. Is that true for football?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I thought a school was subject to penalties from the NCAA if their students were not graduating. Is that true for football?
                I wonder if it is more along the lines of the students playing for 4 years and not having the credits to graduate or maybe the grades.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Im fairly sure that that is true for football, even if they go off to play pro ball.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I saw that JBscouting has Danny listed as the 10th best small school prospect and currently has him projected to go in the 6th round of the draft.

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...0-small-school

Comment

Very long, in-depth look into Danny's chances from a scout's perspective.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ries/show_full

Comment

Wow. The guy did some research. He writes as though he's personally watched #54 but I'm not sure that's the case. Even if his research is simply pulling together information available from game reports, post-game interviews etc., the writer has nonetheless spent some time on his subject. Personally, I think the writer is correct. The NFL should be thinking real hard on Danny Batten.

Comment

I was reading that and thinking 'geeeeez how much game tape does this guy watch?' Seriously, I hope he gets paid well, because writing that much about a guy takes time, and this can't possibly be the only guy he's written a Master's thesis on.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            I was reading that and thinking 'geeeeez how much game tape does this guy watch?' Seriously, I hope he gets paid well, because writing that much about a guy takes time, and this can't possibly be the only guy he's written a Master's thesis on.
                            I'm guessing the guy gets all his info from different scouting subscription sites. Defiantly a lot of info, probably knows more about Danny Batten than Danny knows about himself.

Comment

True, but the threshold for penalties requires a great many to fail to graduate. I'm guessing we have better than a 70 percent graduation rate for football, which is considerably higher than the rate among the general student body (about 50 percent). So I don't think Danny's departure will have any impact.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X