GoJacks and JumpTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoJacks and JumpTV

This season it seems a lot of people are having trouble with the video coverage of the site. No video or it comes in frames. It took me two games to figure it out but I now have good viewing. Here is what I did and I hope it helps you guys to solve similiar problems.

First from JumpTV. Make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer. Either 7 or the new 8. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Next get the latest version of Windows Media Player
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

Then get the Microsoft Silverlight: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx

Then check for the latest Adobe Flash Player 9: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Seems like a lot but they are all free. If these do not correct the problem, please try downloading and installing FireFox 3:

Mozilla FireFox 3: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

JumpTV technical support. 1-877-967-3267.

If these work for you but you still have problems with bad video then you will need to make some adjustments on the Windows Media Player.

See post number two to try and correct this issue.

Re: GoJacks and JumpTV

This is how I fixed the video problems with Windows Media Player.

First go to programs and open the Windows Media Player. At the top black area where the Back and Forward buttons are and the Now Playing and the rest of the commands are like Library right click in this area to get the box open where files, view, tools are listed.

Scroll down to Tools and open it, click on options. The Options box will open with twelve tabs in it. Go to the Performance box and click on it.

Under Connection Speed. Click on the Detect Connection Speed (recommended) and put a little green light in it.

Next. Under Network Buffering click on the recommended button it is the Detect Network buffering option. Then click on Apply at the bottom.
    After this go back to the Advanced Options button and click.

This opens the Video Acceleration Settings box.

The Digital Video slider should be at Large.
    In the Video Acceleration box highlite- Use Video mixing renderer high quality mode,
    Legacy video renderer use primary surfaces.

In the DVD Video highlite the Use video mixing renderer,
    Enable full screen mode switch,
    Display full screen controls.

On the right side of the box highlite.
    Enable full screen mode switch,
    Display full screen controls,
    Use video smoothing,
    Turn on DirectX video acceleration

This all seemed to work for me including getting the video to go full screen which it was not doing before.

I hope this helps so we may all enjoy the full GoJacks experience. We blame JumpTV for most of the problems but some of them are computer related.

Comment

Mods, please sticky this thread. I have a feeling that a lot of us will be referring back to it in the near future.

Thanks Sturgis for the work. I am hoping that I can get mine to work before next week. I am using a Mac and have both Safari and Firefox with all the updates to WMP and Silverlight. Hope to be able to get things set up this week so next weekend I can watch the game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

One other thing. You know how when you sign into GoJacks.com the little window pops up with the media player and the stupid Snickers commercials play. After the stupid commercial plays and you go to live events and click on the game, the stupid commercial plays again, but then the game doesn't load or play. X out that box, click on the warning box that says None secure whatever hit yes and the home page should open, You know where it gives the Edit profile tab, your subsription payment history, buy plans, that page.
        Go over to the left side and click on Live events, it will open a new page listing all the upcoming live events and on the right side there will be a little sound or camera icon and Live Event has started. Click on the view now and the Media player box will open again and the stupid commercial starts all over again and when its done Hopefully the game will appear.

Comment

I have to admit I was surprised when I fired it up this year on my MacBook Pro and it actually worked--it didn't last year. I can't go full-screen, but that's not a big deal.

FYI I'm using Firefox as the browser, and have the Flip4Mac Windows Media plugin for WMP compatability.

And I still have Windows on my Mac via VMWare Fusion, so if I'm really desperate to see really grainy full-screen video I can fire up Windows XP like I did all last year.

My video through the entire Indiana State game was pretty good. It's a "so far, so good" situation.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I had heard JumpTV recently aquired (within that last year) a company whose name escapes me to handle these specific problems. They knew their web streaming quality wasn't very good and they went out and did something about it. The company they aquired specializes in web streaming technologies and therefore we should be seeing an improvement this year and years to come. I for one watched the game last night online and was pleasantly surprised with the quality. I've had my issues in the past but last night was noticeably better. Knock on wood of course ;-)

Comment

Is thier any way that the Cal Poly game will have video this weekend? I see their will be audio for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                Is thier any way that the Cal Poly game will have video this weekend? I see their will be audio for sure.
                Depends on if SDSU can get something worked out with Cal Poly. Last week it wasn't until Wednesday or Thursday? before they had it negotiated with Illinois State.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I heard the Cal Poly game will have video on www.gopoly.com. Is that who gojacks.com negotiates with? I sure hope they get video for this game as they did for the illinois state game. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of video they had...except it kind of jumbled up during Minett's 64 yd. run. Overall it was fun to watch.

Comment

And here it is:

SDSU-Cal Poly game to air on Jackrabbit Extra
                    Saturday’s football game between South Dakota State and Cal Poly has been added to the Jackrabbit Extra video streaming lineup.

Kickoff of the matchup between nationally ranked teams is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time (8:05 p.m. Central) in San Luis Obispo, Calif. The 3-0 Jackrabbits are ranked 15th in this week’s Football Championship Subdivision Coaches’ Poll and 16th in the Sports Network media poll. Cal Poly, 1-2 overall, is ranked 17th in the coaches’ poll and 19th by the media.

Video streaming of SDSU’s Oct. 10 game at Missouri State also will be available on the Jackrabbit Extra. In addition, the Jackrabbits’ Oct. 1 volleyball match at UMKC and Oct. 7 matchup at Drake (Iowa) will be carried on the Jackrabbit Extra.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And in tonight's game of Is It Working . . . is it working for the Cal Poly audio pre-game?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can tell you right now, I will never, ever buy an AXE product. I think I've seen the pig web ad a dozen times now in the past fifteen or twenty minutes. (And yes, I've sent JumpTV and Unilever (who owns AXE) a note telling them exactly that.)

Still no WNAX feed for me.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Happier now. I have a feed. Apparently 6:30 Central JumpTV Time is actually 7:30 Central Daylight Time.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I can tell you right now, I will never, ever buy an AXE product. I think I've seen the pig web ad a dozen times now in the past fifteen or twenty minutes. (And yes, I've sent JumpTV and Unilever (who owns AXE) a note telling them exactly that.)

Still no WNAX feed for me.
                            I have never, ever been more frustrated with anything in my entire life than this jump TV crap. I will be asking for money to be returned. Its pretty sad that they ask for payment for a product such as thins.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I immediately got sick of it as soon as I started to use it. The video didn't work but the biggest bunch of bull*^$ was being forced to constantly watch 30-second ads after paying money to watch the content.

Comment

Working...
                              X