sheesh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sheesh....

Warn me, ban me if you must, if this post is so over the top and I am so far out of bounds that I need to be sensored then I don't need to be here anyway....good grief, c'mon man....

FWIW.....

Shortly after SDSU decided to make the move to D1 the USD people came out w/ a new slogan saying they were "South Dakotas Team". A banner reading just that still hangs in the dumpstack (The DakotaDome). The meaning behind the saying was that now that SDSU went D1 they were going to stop recruiting South Dakota kids. Good ol' USD would be there to make sure local kids had a chance to play in state. The claim that SDSU would forget about South Dakota kids was just one of the many blind swings hurled by USD...a school who now "bravely" throws their hat into the D1 ring.

So what is the count some 5 years later?

In the three major sports SDSU has 35 SD kids, USD has 33. The impressive thing about SDSU's number is the success of the womens basketball team and the nationally ranked football team.

In total, including all sports offered at both schools, SDSU boasts 189 SD kids, USD just 119.

Who is "South Dakotas Team"?

Re: sheesh....

I'm not sure Filbert's comment in the locked thread was directed completely at you, Tea. I think he more sensed where the thread was headed by the replies, and being's it wasn't in smack, it was directed more to the replies than the OP (original post).

That's how I saw it anyhow.

Either way, interesting numbers, nice work.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think the moderators are trying to separate smack from informed opinions/links to information that is of interest to all of the board. If its going to affect an adversy emotionally then I would think you would be better off starting a thread in the smack section. The one about South Dakota Team was more of smack than anything else. I going to take the warning in a constructive manner and move on.

Comment

How about a few more numbers. Both SD schools had home games yesterday:

Attendance
        SDSU: 13,945
        USD: 8,274

Through two games:
        SDSU: 26,299 (13,150 average)
        USD: 15,430 (7,715 average)

We've got NDSU (15000+), UNI (15000+), and SIU (meaningful game, 10,000) left. Meaning SDSU should draw around 65,000 fans to home games this year, averaging somewhere in the 12,000s to near 13,000 (it all depends on that SIU game).

USD's got SELa (8,000), UC Davis (10,000) and SUU (8,000) left. Meaning, USD will draw a respectable 40,000 or so this year, 8,000 average.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

you should get banned.

arguing about which is south dakota's team? its a shame you guys have left the backdoor open for them (USD) to say that.

at least NDSU has slammed that door on UND. carry on. my 2 cents, but might not be worth a penny, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
            you should get banned.

arguing about which is south dakota's team? its a shame you guys have left the backdoor open for them (USD) to say that.

at least NDSU has slammed that door on UND. carry on. my 2 cents, but might not be worth a penny, huh.
            The point that's being made here (the one you missed entirely) is that it's not really an argument. Anybody can call themselves anything. Doesn't make it true.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

USD is South Dakota's team, as much as Navin R. Johnson was born a poor black child.

Better throw a link for reference in case you all missed it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Vp9fQ616k
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

All the Coyotes need is their paddle ball, their ash tray, their chair, and their remote control.....

Comment

To USD's credit, I don't think they make that silly "South Dakota's team" claim any more. (With the obvious exception of that banner on the DakotaDump, which I didn't realize that was up there.) Keep in mind that after SDSU decided to go D-1, USD also proudly announced that it would stay D-11. The Coyotes have had to eat crow on all that bluster. Meanwhile, as stats elsewhere on this thread indicate, SDSU has emerged with a far superior claim to being South Dakota's team.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Last time I was in South Dakota they still had that billboard on I-29 also near North Sioux City and I think up by the Madison exit.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Last time I was in South Dakota they still had that billboard on I-29 also near North Sioux City and I think up by the Madison exit.
                      Of course, you can barely read the "South Dakota's Team" part.....

Most of the U's billboards & bus stop ads have illegible text on them.

Comment

The Brawl for whose South Dakotas team:

(and thats just a baby rabbit )
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Of course, you can barely read the "South Dakota's Team" part.....

Most of the U's billboards & bus stop ads have illegible text on them.
                          As a 'Yote alum, that bugs me too. If you're going to spend the money on a billboard, with the intention of informing, advertising and branding your university, at least have the decency to make it short, sweet and to the point. All of our billboards look like they've been planned the way my students create powerpoints, copy and paste as much text as possible into one slide, hoping that the large word count will impress the reader.

It has the opposite effect.

Comment

Working...
                          X