HELP...is the video very good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...is the video very good?

There is the Jackrabbit extra that we can sign up for for $100 annually or $10 a month.

Has anyone done this and is the video decent?

Does SDSU get any proceeds?

Will they be showing bball games if I decide to get the annual coverage? Right now I just see the UMKC game in January on the schedule.

I was hoping to go to the ISU game but my wife had to leave town on business at the last minute (this am). Taking 5 kids (my 1 thru 8 year olds plus a friend) by myself isn't really a good idea. I was planning on heading up, tailgating and then listening on the way home. But, if this is at least decent, I'll do this.

I won't be missing much. I say 55-7 (35-0 at half), good guys.

GO STATE! GAMEDAY!

Re: HELP...is the video very good?

I bought the package last year and will again this year. The video is not bad. You need to enlarge the screen to full screen, but it is a little grainy, but not bad. Last year the BB games were not available on GoJacks, you had to sign up with Summit TV.

I know some on here have complained about the video stopping and starting, but if you have DSL service then I think you should be OK. If you have dial-up serve, then there is a chance that your video will be choppy.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...40/1002/sports

Has the Argus done this before? I've watched one high schol game via their site and it wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure exactly what willl be shown here. It says to follow the Jackrabbits live with beat writer Terry Vandrovec. Does that mean they will show the game itself or just updates? If somebody would check it out and report back that would be great for fututre reference. I'm taking my kids to their first non-spring game at State...Woo-Hoo!!!!!
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think the video is pretty good ,for me anyway.I think you have to have a minimum of 300k bps bandwith to view streaming video.I 've got Sattelite service thru Hughes Net & became a victim of the "fair access" policy, which basically limits the total downloading for a 24 hr period to 200 mb, which would be about 13 min of viewing streaming video,after which, everything gets real real slow until the next 24 hr period begins.You can call in once a month & have them "reset" your service.There is a way around this & it's called the "open window policy".
        The open window policy allow's you uninterrupted viewing,but it's only in affect from 2am till 7am EST or 1am till 6am CST.(bummer)

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...40/1002/sports

Has the Argus done this before? I've watched one high schol game via their site and it wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure exactly what willl be shown here. It says to follow the Jackrabbits live with beat writer Terry Vandrovec. Does that mean they will show the game itself or just updates? If somebody would check it out and report back that would be great for fututre reference. I'm taking my kids to their first non-spring game at State...Woo-Hoo!!!!!
          Terry Vandrovec will do a live blog during the game.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Terry Vandrovec will do a live blog during the game.
            Oh, while I enjoy el blogo, I was hoping this was some sort of video feed. I figured it wouldn't be the game itself, but was hoping for highlights. Oh well.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm a subscriber, so I can watch away games. It works very well.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                Oh, while I enjoy el blogo, I was hoping this was some sort of video feed. I figured it wouldn't be the game itself, but was hoping for highlights. Oh well.
                When you put the video from GoJacks and TV's blog together, it's actually pretty fun to watch and read.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Reading over at the GSU board after our win, the GSU fans were absolutely astounded how good the video feed was. Of course they weren't as hyped about the SDSU announcers, but that'd be true of any feed.

When I've encountered problems with a game production or errors, most of the time it has been the JumpTV portion, not what gets fed into JumpTV by the camera staff at SDSU. Generally speaking, SDSU's productions are some of the best put out by any in our conferences.

Comment

Thanks alot for all the responses....still not sure if I'm going to make it tonight, but will buy this regardless, for away games and such.

GO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                    X