MVFC Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC Map

If you're like me and are still getting completely comfortable with the makeup of the Missouri Valley Football Conference - here is a map with a quick look at the geographic distribution of the member schools. It's not going to change the world, but I wanted to see it to reinforce the conference foes that Jackrabbits are now dealing with.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&so...,14.216309&z=6
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Re: MVFC Map

Neat... useful too

Comment

Interesting map. Just curious why Cape Girardeau Missouri has a sticker. SEMO is part of the Ohio Conference I believe. Also Rush Limbaugh grew up in Cape.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Interesting map. Just curious why Cape Girardeau Missouri has a sticker. SEMO is part of the Ohio Conference I believe. Also Rush Limbaugh grew up in Cape.
        I believe that sticker is for Western Illinois, Nidaros.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          I believe that sticker is for Western Illinois, Nidaros.
          No Western is in Macomb IL the tack near the Cape is for Southern IL in Carbondale.

Comment

If you click on the marker it should say the school name and city in which it is located.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I did not realize that Carbondale was that close to Cape Girardeau and map quest says they are about 46 miles apart. I could be real picky and suggest that the sticker be moved a little ways north and east, but I wont. Good job on the map Jackrabbit Guy.

Comment

I did not realize that Carbondale was that close to Cape Girardeau and map quest says they are about 46 miles apart. I could be real picky and suggest that the sticker be moved a little ways north and east, but I wont. Good job on the map Jackrabbit Guy.
                I think picky would be the wrong way to describe that request
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

I was curious, so I checked and I think its just a map perspective issue. If you zoom in on the map, the Southern Illinois pin is placed right on the highlighted area for the campus. I did a driving directions from this pin to Cape Girardeau, and it came up 48.9 miles.

The default view is zoomed out pretty far, so I guess I can see where it looks skewed a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                    I was curious, so I checked and I think its just a map perspective issue. If you zoom in on the map, the Southern Illinois pin is placed right on the highlighted area for the campus. I did a driving directions from this pin to Cape Girardeau, and it came up 48.9 miles.

The default view is zoomed out pretty far, so I guess I can see where it looks skewed a little bit.
                    Thanks and thanks for the map.

Comment

I made this map this last spring during my breaks at work to kill time.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...145.722656&z=3

It has all of the jacks football team marked.

I know, I'm an uber nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        I made this map this last spring during my breaks at work to kill time.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...145.722656&z=3

It has all of the jacks football team marked.

I know, I'm an uber nerd.
                        Dude - this is awesome. However you did clearly have too much time on your hands when you made this.

Comment

haha, yeah i get bored sitting in front of a computer all day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                            haha, yeah i get bored sitting in front of a computer all day at work.
                            Shhhh! Don't say that too loud. I did mine at work too. I am considering doing one soon for The Summit League as well, but I vow to actually do that one on my own time from home.

Comment

Working...
                            X