Lots of POWs coming our way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of POWs coming our way

No, this is not a thread about prisoners of war, but about Players of the Week from our beloved Jacks football team. With the level of play of this year's team, I expect to see us have the POW award quite a bit and we can all comment here. Oh, and by the way, if you would like to comment on past award winners as well as those coming up, please feel free to do so.

Re: Lots of POWs coming our way

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    No, this is not a thread about prisoners of war, but about Players of the Week from our beloved Jacks football team. With the level of play of this year's team, I expect to see us have the POW award quite a bit and we can all comment here. Oh, and by the way, if you would like to comment on past award winners as well as those coming up, please feel free to do so.
    I will comment, I think several defensive players could have received recognition and look for them to "compete" for this award each week which I think will make them even stronger as a unit. Minet is going to gain about 12 yards per carry this week I'm just not sure how many carries he'll get. Harris looked like a completely different kicker out there on Saturday. He deserves a lot of credit for improving his game.

Man, it sure is nice to win your first game.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Domino gets national player of the week, but the team gave its defensive PoW to Conrad Kjerstad.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        Domino gets national player of the week, but the team gave its defensive PoW to Conrad Kjerstad.
        That interception was critical. Took a for sure touchdown away from Georgia Southern.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          That interception was critical. Took a for sure touchdown away from Georgia Southern.
          After reading my post, I'm not sure my intent was clear. Stig talked about how they looked at the plays that change games and not total stats when making decisions. I was just pointing out that the team looks at things differently than some of the awarding groups.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Good lord, no more posting while I am eating. Stig didn't say that they gave the awards based on just who made the biggest play, but who played the best game. That interception indicated the Conrad had really understood the defensive game plan because he wasn't responsible for the coverage of that receiver, recognized that an error in coverage was made, and then corrected his coverage to make the big play.

Comment

Did not Derek Domino get the national FCS defensive player of the week? That seems like a big honor. All the guys played hard no doubt about that and yes Kjerstad intercept was beautiful as was the one by former QB Corey Jeske. Lets hope there are more thrills to be seen this season. I am sure credit should go in several directions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                After reading my post, I'm not sure my intent was clear. Stig talked about how they looked at the plays that change games and not total stats when making decisions. I was just pointing out that the team looks at things differently than some of the awarding groups.
                Don't worry, I wasn't calling you out.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Looks like Jacks got 2 more POW.

Congrats to Jake Steffen and Kyle Minett for having their efforts against Ill St recognized by the MVFC.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Well deserved. Minnet had a MONSTER game!

Comment

SDSU has had 4 conference POW awards in 3 weeks of play. Of those winners, two are juniors (Domino and Minett) and two are sophomores (Harris and Steffen).

Comment

A couple other young players who have looked good so far are Sophmore FS Anthony Wise and RFreshman Jon Fick.

Wise seems to be all over the field and in on most tackles and Fick has moved into the staring spot, which moved Bender into right guard and Koskovich replaced Luddemann at left guard.

The future looks bright!

Comment

Ever since Jake Steffen signed with SDSU I have been waiting to watch him play. He did play a little last year, but I was hoping that he would play more this year. He has been a terror so far this year. Right now I think he playing better than anyone on defense and that is saying a lot since Batten has also having a good year.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

This week's Missouri Valley Football Conference players of the week are RB Deji Karim of Southern Illinois, CB General Parnell of South Dakota State, and punter Dean Priddy of South Dakota State.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                              This week's Missouri Valley Football Conference players of the week are RB Deji Karim of Southern Illinois, CB General Parnell of South Dakota State, and punter Dean Priddy of South Dakota State.
                              Congrats to Dean and General. With quality efforts each week and POW shows me why the Jacks are 3-0 in conference and 1-0 again this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                              X