Stig to Speak At SES Luncheon Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig to Speak At SES Luncheon Today

Starts at noon at the east-side Pizza Ranch.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Stig to Speak At SES Luncheon Today

Thanks for the reminder. For some reason I was thinking it was tomorrow, I probably would have missed it.

Comment

Would one of you mind giving a recap of what Stig said when you have a free minute? Thanks!
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Here are some tidbits from Coach Stig's speech in Sioux Falls.
        Georgia Southern was the best Jacks' opener of his coaching career.
        SDSU's offense overachieved.
        Players cited for their efforts included Crawford, Mike Steffen, Kjerstad, Batten, Domino and Harris.
        Whittier can and most likely will be redshirted.
        The visiting team probably will take over the existing lockerroom building after the Dykhouse Center opens.
        This space for lease.

Comment

He went out of his way to mention that Crawford has been a complete class act in his years in Brookings. When Berry was made a starter over him he never complained. Last season when he suffered the wrist injury he never let it get him down. He worked in rehab and was literally constantly stretching and working his wrist knowing that missing spring ball would probably exclude him from consideration for the starting job this year. When he made it back to particpate.

Stig said he never once said boo when passed over earlier in his career, when the injury came in the NDSU game last season, in springball when as a 5th year senior he wasn't named the starter and had to fight through and open competition, even this fall when a starter wasn't named through the first weeks of camp. Literally he never complained once and just kept working and believing in himself.

Stig also said that after the game, his encounter with Crawfords father outside the locker room was a special and emotional moment. He specifically said that this type of thing is what college athletics is all about.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
          X