Is it just me or.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or.....

Are NDSU fans all bipolar or insane? They have one close loss and they feel that their whole season is over and they might as well give up now and never play another game. But then they'll go and win this next week against a NEC team and all of a sudden be the most unstoppable force in the universe. I mean I don't mind them when we're not in the week leading up to beating them, but good lord its like they all are going through menopause or something with these mood swings
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Is it just me or.....

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Are NDSU fans all bipolar or insane? They have one close loss and they feel that their whole season is over and they might as well give up now and never play another game. But then they'll go and win this next week against a NEC team and all of a sudden be the most unstoppable force in the universe. I mean I don't mind them when we're not in the week leading up to beating them, but good lord its like they all are going through menopause or something with these mood swings
    is all you guys care about and measure urself up to NDSU?

Comment

Welcome DII-tradition.

No we don't measure ourselves up to NDSU. We use height and weight
      ba-da-bum.

Actually there are several NDSU fans we like, there are several we can't stand and then there is the middle 70% that are just flipping crazy like 76 mentioned.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by tradition View Post
        Nope, we care about winning football games, which we have actually done this season.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Nope, we care about winning football games, which we have actually done this season.
          Only one so far, we got a long ways to go this year. Yes everything thats happen north of us is important enough to pay attention. We dont model ourselves by what NDSU does or does not do, but watching them is constructive guidance and helpful in making decisions.

Comment

I guess we are witnessing the same reaction by both GSU and NDSU fans. Nebraska fans, too. They've had strong traditions of winning football championships (of course NDSU hasn't won one in a long time) and with it comes incredibly high standards. Losing is absolutely intolerable. Anger ... frustration ... heads need to roll.

Comment

I thought the GSU reaction was as strong as the NDSU reaction but otherwise is nothing like the NDSU reaction. At GSU, the fans speaking out start with the proposition they were beaten and they immediately move on to suggesting solutions (firing the coach etc.). At NDSU, some vocal fans posting on message boards (translated: probably a small minority) refuse to believe they were beaten. Instead, they find reasons why NDSU lost. There's a difference. The first approach shows some recognition the winning team was the better team that date. The second approach seems to nearly ignore the fact that another team had anything to do with the outcome.

I have to continually remind myself not to judge on rantings on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I thought the GSU reaction was as strong as the NDSU reaction but otherwise is nothing like the NDSU reaction. At GSU, the fans speaking out start with the proposition they were beaten and they immediately move on to suggesting solutions (firing the coach etc.). At NDSU, some vocal fans posting on message boards (translated: probably a small minority) refuse to believe they were beaten. Instead, they find reasons why NDSU lost. There's a difference. The first approach shows some recognition the winning team was the better team that date. The second approach seems to nearly ignore the fact that another team had anything to do with the outcome.

I have to continually remind myself not to judge on rantings on a message board.
                Well in defense of NDSU, they did not lose 44-6. They lost by 3 and could have tied the game at the end except for a penalty. It is easier to admit you lost to better team when you lose by over 30 points, than it is when you lose by a few points and a controversial call determined your fate.

I'm just thankful we are 1-0 right now.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I guess this is my take: a Bisonville guy says, "I forget how many breaks Sam Houston got"

Gee. They hung 48 points on the Bison defense, and the win comes down to 'lucky breaks'? Not, oh, say, dang near as many yards of offense surrendered as USD @ Northern Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    LMAO! This is a very good post. I love it! I woke up pretty cranky, but then I went back and read this and now I'm all smiles. Rep points!

Comment

NDSU fans are upset because it's pretty unusual for the Bison to be 0-2. We'd be feeling about the same way, I think. I do agree that it's silly to be on suicide watch after a 48-45 loss on the road to a quality FCS opponent, though.

It's a long, long season.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        NDSU fans are upset because it's pretty unusual for the Bison to be 0-2. We'd be feeling about the same way, I think. I do agree that it's silly to be on suicide watch after a 48-45 loss on the road to a quality FCS opponent, though.

It's a long, long season.
                        I think part of the 'suicide watch' attitude comes from Bison fans being confident that their defense, at least, was going to be okay this year. I don't know that they expected to give up a school record in any defensive stat this year--to an unranked team especially.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          I guess this is my take: a Bisonville guy says, "I forget how many breaks Sam Houston got"

Gee. They hung 48 points on the Bison defense, and the win comes down to 'lucky breaks'? Not, oh, say, dang near as many yards of offense surrendered as USD @ Northern Iowa?

He meant breaks in the NDSU defense: off tackle, three hole, sweep, pass coverage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tradition View Post
                            No, actually I do not believe that I was measuring anything against you guys , more making a point in jest at your majority (ok its minority but we're in smack) of fans who are suicidal now. I liken it to a ten car pile-up. You just have to look and tell your friends about it . Don't worry once you guys beat the mighty Wagner University I know you will all be world beaters again and 400 pt favorites for the Dakota Marker game this year again (in your minds anyways). You guys remind me of Baby Face George Nelson from O Brother Where Art Thou.

PS-I understand as we play the trees this weekend we don't have much room to talk about the strength of competition, but still we won't proclaim ourselves Kings of the Universe
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                            X