Band in the stands was great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band in the stands was great

I thought the Pride did a great job during the game. The new approach was really good!

Re: Band in the stands was great

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    I thought the Pride did a great job during the game. The new approach was really good!
    Ditto! I enjoyed the pre-game stuff on the field, too. Dr. Peterson even annoyed the refs from time to time, playing well into the GSU play clock. The band seemed to be really into the game, while in past years they've often seemed more into themselves.

Kudos to Dr. Peterson and the Pride.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I like the pregame. I liked how they lined up when the team came out. But the halftime show wasn't impressive. Just the drumline with standard stuff that's been done for years...not even any movement. I did think The Pride did a good job in the stands. But I sure hope the halftime show improves. I know it was the first time out...but on the other hand, they've had a week longer than other teams to get ready for the opener.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        I like the pregame. I liked how they lined up when the team came out. But the halftime show wasn't impressive. Just the drumline with standard stuff that's been done for years...not even any movement. I did think The Pride did a good job in the stands. But I sure hope the halftime show improves. I know it was the first time out...but on the other hand, they've had a week longer than other teams to get ready for the opener.
        Still, school has only been in session for two weeks. I'm sure you'll see a full half-time show next week. Plus, the addition of a pre-game show means we'll be getting more, not less, of the Pride. From what I could see, the band was doing MORE last night than in prior years. Add a halftime show, and they're part of every aspect of the game. Recall that they typically disappeared for the second and third quarters in the past.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I couldn't make it to the game last night so I didn't get to see what they did, but the Pride starts when school does. I guarantee that if in 2 weeks they had tried to put on a full show, there would be many, many complaints about what has happened to the Pride.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I sat next to the Pride and thought they did a great job during the game. They were loud well into the second half.

Also thought the student section was good. Seemed to be packed full.

Nice work students!

Comment

My seats are in Section E, close to the band. As others have noted, Dr. Peterson did a great job and was having a lot of fun. One can tell he has a great relationship with the bandmembers with lots of smiles and 'thumbs-up' gestures.

Lots of fans tell the Pride members as everyone files out of the stadium "good job!" and that's nice to let them know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I sat next to the Pride and thought they did a great job during the game. They were loud well into the second half.

Also thought the student section was good. Seemed to be packed full.

Nice work students!
                Student section was packed. But most of them didn't make noise at all. The front 1/4th of rows was good but after that it struggled.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Student section was packed. But most of them didn't make noise at all. The front 1/4th of rows was good but after that it struggled.
                  Getting them there is step #1, I'm happy with it being packed for the first game

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Getting them there is step #1, I'm happy with it being packed for the first game
                    I think what really helped is the fact that it was the second weekend of the school year so its after that first weekend I have to run home cause I'm homesick for labor day stage.
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

It appeared the number of members in the band is down signficantly from past years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        It appeared the number of members in the band is down signficantly from past years.
                        I counted 40 in the drum line. They filled up the field just fine in their pre-game show. They might be down, but it really didn't seem to make a difference.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          I think the numbers are down but there isn't a trip to California this year. It seems to make a difference.
                          I'm sure they will do a halftime show by the 3rd home game, I don't know if one will be ready by this weekend or not.
                          The show before the game was cool. I liked it when the band played the school song under the stands but this makes up for that.
                          I like what the band does during the game but when Georgia Southern is running a no huddle offense, they played longer than I'd like some times. I grip about the PA systems in domes but the band is the same thing(on a much smaller scale). After GSU got a false start, the umpire told the band to quit when GSU broke the huddle. It's tough to do that when they weren't huddling.
                          Other than that small grip, they rocked, like always!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I think the numbers are down but there isn't a trip to California this year. It seems to make a difference.
                            I'm sure they will do a halftime show by the 3rd home game, I don't know if one will be ready by this weekend or not.
                            The show before the game was cool. I liked it when the band played the school song under the stands but this makes up for that.
                            I like what the band does during the game but when Georgia Southern is running a no huddle offense, they played longer than I'd like some times. I grip about the PA systems in domes but the band is the same thing(on a much smaller scale). After GSU got a false start, the umpire told the band to quit when GSU broke the huddle. It's tough to do that when they weren't huddling.
                            Other than that small grip, they rocked, like always!
                            You're right that the no-huddle thing threw the timing off for the band. But I kind of liked how Dr. Peterson pushed it to the limit. The band seemed a lot more into the game than in the past.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My nephew is in The Pride....I have told him of the compliments.

Comment

Working...
                              X