Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no longer a doubt

thought about the MVFC area, but knew where it will end

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

There is no longer a doubt

OK this is going to be a true statement but also self imposed smack.

There is now no doubt that SDSU has the better overall football program when comparing to USD. The Coyotes are an absolute mess right now and it looks like things will have to get worse for while before they get better. The Jacks can actually play good football on the road which is something that USD has never done under Meierkort. I have a feeling that this poor play will start carrying over to home games as well. 0-4 in the first season of full Great West play is very possible.

I don't see much of a way that USD will ever be a top 25 FCS program under the current regime. Just not likely. Some day USD might leap over SDSU but I don't see that day coming any time soon.

So please smack away because the Yotes are a sorry program right now and we have every right to have to endure smack for the complete meltdown against Northern Iowa.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Re: There is no longer a doubt

You really need to see someone about those mood swings, man.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

There is now no doubt that SDSU has the better overall football program when comparing to USD. The Coyotes are an absolute mess right now and it looks like things will have to get worse for while before they get better. The Jacks can actually play good football on the road which is something that USD has never done under Meierkort. I have a feeling that this poor play will start carrying over to home games as well. 0-4 in the first season of full Great West play is very possible.

I don't see much of a way that USD will ever be a top 25 FCS program under the current regime. Just not likely. Some day USD might leap over SDSU but I don't see that day coming any time soon.

So please smack away because the Yotes are a sorry program right now and we have every right to have to endure smack for the complete meltdown against Northern Iowa.
        I'm not gonna smack until after we play UNI and prove we are better. USD learned tonight what the rest of FCS has known for years: UNI is a top tier football program, not to be taken lightly.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Well I know USD wanted to think they could hold there own against the top MVFC teams based upon last year, but I think the underdog has the advantage in the first meeting. Now that UNI has played USD, they pretty much took it to them. Like UND beating UNI a few years ago, I would lay big money on UNI beating them in the second meeting if they had played in back to back years.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I'm not gonna smack until after we play UNI and prove we are better. USD learned tonight what the rest of FCS has known for years: UNI is a top tier football program, not to be taken lightly.
            Agreed. We can't say much until we see where we stack up on Hobo Day. I will go out on a limb though and say we that if we lose (which we won't), it won't be by more than half a century of points. Okay that was a little smacky. But I do feel for you. Look what Georgia Southern did to us only five years ago. Look what we did to them. Things can change in a hurry CoyoteFan so don't be so down. You shouldn't expect to be a top tier program in your second year. If you were, one would question what you were doing at the Division II level for so long anyway. Good things will be in the Coyotes' future I am sure of it.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              but I think the underdog has the advantage in the first meeting.
              Very good point.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think UNI is awfully good, and USD is in their second year of transition. Bad losses happen in transition, particularly when you play a team as good as UNI.

It's way too early to say how USD's program will stack up in a few years. And it takes a few years. Are we better now? Sure. We should be, having been fully-funded for a few years.

As I recall, we lost to GSU 63-7 a few years back. We just beat up on them 44-6 today. It's just really hard to know what to think of a program that's still in transition.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Here here. That is exactly what I was thinking on my way home after watching the Jackrabbits whooping of the Golden Eagles.

Comment

Just got home from the UNI-Dome. I said I would report on the game. Well, they scored, we scored, then they drilled us.

In all candor, I don't think UNI could have played more flawlessly. Even if they hadn't played flawless, they would have beat the crap out of us. I knew our defense posed a problem, buy Grace (QB) absolutely picked us apart. As much as I don't want to take smack, I am absolutely shocked. Never would I have imagined we get beat like that. Back in the 70's when we played Big ten and Big 8 teams, we never got beat like that.

Rabbit fans, if they play like they did against us when in Brookings, buttom down the hatches. I am telling you they were unbelievably awesome today. I never would have guessed that in a million years.

Lastly, CoyoteFan, can you say fickle? Were you there? I bet no. Don't make stupid comments like you did without first hand knowledge.

SDSU fans, congrats on a huge win for you. Go back in the prediction thread earlier this week, and give YFE some love. I think I called for a butt kicking, and everyone else thought close. Good job Rabbits.

Comment

You have to remember that UNI was probably really pi$$ed off. All I heard all week was they might be down in the dumps and the 'yotes may catch 'em sleeping. In my opinion they felt they had a win last weekend and it slipped away. They weren't about to let some upstart from SD come in and even play close.

When you go into a hornet's nest like the UNI-Dome against a talented team that is mad as hell you better watch out.

Comment

I'm not saying we'll beat UNI when they come here for Hobo Day, and Lord knows we took a beating or two like that in our transition days, but......

HAHAHAHAHAA.

And the laughter at CAS when the score was announced was just as hilarious.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Someone said something kinda funny on AGS. He said that USD probably pissed UNI off by scoring off a flea-flicker for their first offensive play of the game. Apparently the first two teams UNI has faced this year have scored the same way, and maybe UNI was tired of it. After that play, USD never saw the endzone again and UNI never punted.

And UNI is going to totally demolish the Bison if our defense plays like it did tonight. We might not be able to hold them to 66, though we will probably score a little more than 7.

Comment

So please smack away
                            It's not nearly as much fun when you just bend over like that...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It looks like I am the only Coyote Fan that puts any of this game on the Yotes. Of course UNI is going to be able to pick apart USD's defense when they have receivers running open and uncontested for most of the game. I wasn't at the game but I didn't need to be to make an accurate determination that 700 yards against is NOT a good performance.

This is basically what I think. This is completely unacceptable and accountability needs to be taken immediately. Others think it's just one game (eventhough it's really the 3rd year of a downfall in progress) and UNI played great, USD gets a pass on this because of how good UNI played. Same things were being said after McNeese, Cal Poly, UNO, Minnesota State, West Texas, Montana St etc. The defense continues to be shredded and no one thinks it's a very big deal. With the USD fans expectations of their football program it's a no wonder they had a 15 year slump that lasted from about 1988 through 2003. SDSU and/or NDSU fans would be in a frenzy after a game like the one in Cedar Falls. They would be calling for coaches heads etc. I wish USD fans wouldn't be so accepting of losing football but I guess one good win a year will have to be considered good enough. If that is not considered good enough a person wouldn't be considered a good fan for not accepting the on field performance no matter what and that includes a 66-7 beatdown. Ed has lost this program and I see no signs that any kind of consistant winning football is happening anytime soon. It would be interesting if a Jacks fan reading this would post their schedule and results to see how they faired in year 2. If I recall it was a pretty good season overall. Some nice wins.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X