Another Great Jack Running in the Fields of Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great Jack Running in the Fields of Heaven

Marv Kool passed early Sunday morning and will be laid to rest Thursday at 11:00am in Huron, SD. Marv was a 4 year starter in both football and basketball for the Jackrabbits, Captain of the football team and father of former player and coach, Mark Kool and grandafather of present Jackrabbit, Dirk Kool. May the heavens open to Marv and God give peace to his family. I'll miss you Marv.

Re: Another Great Jack Running in the Fields of Heaven

I don't know any of the family personally, but three generations of Jacks is just something real special and to be real proud of....wow. Marv - a true Jackrabbit and I wish we could somehow honor these men in some way during the year...prior to the opening game.....lets do it.....

Comment

Re: Another Great Jack Running in the Fields of Heaven

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
      Marv Kool passed early Sunday morning and will be laid to rest Thursday at 11:00am in Huron, SD. Marv was a 4 year starter in both football and basketball for the Jackrabbits, Captain of the football team and father of former player and coach, Mark Kool and grandafather of present Jackrabbit, Dirk Kool. May the heavens open to Marv and God give peace to his family. I'll miss you Marv.
      I am sorry to hear this. I never got to see Marv play since my family move off the farm and to Brookings in 1953. My parents were never SDSU sports fans, but I did follow the Jacks through the twice weekly Brookings Register editions. Monday's and Thursdays were big days at our farm house as that is when the Register arrived RFD. I do recall seeing Marv's photo many times

I checked the media guide and he lettered in 1949-50-51. Those are reguarded as the golden years of the Ralph Ginn era. Also Pete Retzlaff played during this time as well. He was a very good football player and also did quite well on the BB team as well as Rabbit Den stated above.

My condolences to Mark and Dirk and the entire Kool Family. Its sad to lose anyone at any age. I am sure Marv will be missed.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 09-11-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X