2009 Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Introduction

I am so anxious for the game this weekend that I have to watch the 2008 introduction (ladies and gentleman by saliva) once a day. Has anyone seen the 2009 introduction yet....or am I going to have to wait until saturday?

Re: 2009 Introduction

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
    I am so anxious for the game this weekend that I have to watch the 2008 introduction (ladies and gentleman by saliva) once a day. Has anyone seen the 2009 introduction yet....or am I going to have to wait until saturday?
    Nope. But I do know it's the same song as last year. They like the branding possibilities of the "welcome to the show" theme.

I'm OK with that. But I really liked the "I don't wanna stop" Ozzie intro from a couple of years ago the best so far.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Nope. But I do know it's the same song as last year. They like the branding possibilities of the "welcome to the show" theme.

I'm OK with that. But I really liked the "I don't wanna stop" Ozzie intro from a couple of years ago the best so far.

The "I don't wanna stop" was a favorite of mine too.

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
        Isn't the video on opening page of gojacks.com? Just have to hit play on the media player window to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Isn't the video on opening page of gojacks.com? Just have to hit play on the media player window to the right.
          I'm not sure if that's the actual, gameday version or just a promo for season ticket sales. We'll see soon enough. It's the same song.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I have said this before and will say it again. They best football introduction song is Enter Sandman by Metallica. Just youtube Virginia Tech entrance to Enter Sandman. Absolutely electric.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I'm not sure if that's the actual, gameday version or just a promo for season ticket sales. We'll see soon enough. It's the same song.
              I think it's just a promo for season ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                I have said this before and will say it again. They best football introduction song is Enter Sandman by Metallica. Just youtube Virginia Tech entrance to Enter Sandman. Absolutely electric.
                I'm surprised Metallica allows that... VT probably pays Metallica to allow them to play it on the PA.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Yeah, I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

I think the best music for a video is the Requiem for a Dream music. Very intense.

I posted the KU basketball video a while ago but am too lazy to look it up now (plus I am in class - SDSUFans will be the death of my grades). It is ridiculous how pumped up that video gets people. The music is definitely a huge part of it.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Yeah, I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

I think the best music for a video is the Requiem for a Dream music. Very intense.

I posted the KU basketball video a while ago but am too lazy to look it up now (plus I am in class - SDSUFans will be the death of my grades). It is ridiculous how pumped up that video gets people. The music is definitely a huge part of it.
                    Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm talking football, not basketball. And Virginia Tech has the most intense entrance in college football, and they play Enter Sandman. But Allen Fieldhouse, definently intense.

Comment

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm talking football, not basketball. And Virginia Tech has the most intense entrance in college football, and they play Enter Sandman. But Allen Fieldhouse, definently intense.

you mean this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJol...eature=related

I have a friend who lives in Virginia and he goes to Blacksburg occasionally he said the stadium moves so much it will shake the drinks off the seats! it totally wicked I guess
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I don't think it really matters which sport here. I think we may be splitting hairs at that point.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xT_dB5hbeE

Put in some sweet highlights from SDSU and this thing will rock. Just my thoughts on the subject. Also, I do not have an astute knowledge of A/V stuff so take it for what its worth.

EDIT: I may be somewhat biased in this discussion....
                        Last edited by KUlawJack; 09-10-2009, 11:47 AM. Reason: Full disclosure.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Love me some Enter Sandman.
                          There are only two things that made every hair on my arms stand up in the 10 years my kids have been alive.
                          1st - Stepping out of the locker room before the NW Missouri State game to hear the pride playing underneath the stadium
                          2nd - Hearing Bob Sheppard say "Ladies and Gentlemen, now pitching #42 Mariano Rivera" to the screams of other Yankee fans and the poundings of Enter Sandman. Just hearing that guitar intro gives me the chills and its 2 years later.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm partial to Kid Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              I'm partial to Kid Rock.
                              Ew. The man who murdered Sweet Home Alabama?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X