SDSU TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU TV Show

Hopefully this isn't already posted somewhere else....if so, sorry.
    SDSU will have a weekly television show on KSFY Sunday night at 10:30 PM. It will be hosted by Tyler Merriam and begins this week.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

Re: SDSU TV Show

Good move. It will be nice to have a regular show on the air again to promote SDSU. ... I think I remember JimmyJack mentioning somewhere that a TV show was in the works. Regardless, the subject probably deserves its own, ongoing thread. Like this one.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Should be good stuff. Tyler Merriam, who essentially produced the coaches shows for the last couple of years, will be driving the content of the show. Expect good interviews with Stig every week during football season, ESPN-style highlight packages voiced by Tyler, and special features geared towards a theme each week.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
        Hopefully this isn't already posted somewhere else....if so, sorry.
        SDSU will have a weekly television show on KSFY Sunday night at 10:30 PM. It will be hosted by Tyler Merriam and begins this week.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008
        Bump - Don't forget the first Jackrabbit Insider is tonight on KSFY at 10:30PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack View Post
          Bump - Don't forget the first Jackrabbit Insider is tonight on KSFY at 10:30PM.
          Just set the DVR in case I miss any episodes. Thanks for the reminder.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Did the same on Friday. Just in case
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

The show is on.

Comment

Good content. Production values need some work.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  My thoughts exactly...
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I seem to recall that it was going to be available on gojacks.com also, but I can't find a link. Can anyone help, I forgot to set the DVR.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                      I seem to recall that it was going to be available on gojacks.com also, but I can't find a link. Can anyone help, I forgot to set the DVR.
                      Yeah, I don't see the link yet. May have to give them a bit of time - I'm glad the show exists and I liked the interviews last night but I get the feeling that this show is a bit of a work in progress. Hopefully as things progress they can get those things ironed out and make it available quickly on the site.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I have to agree Jimmy. Good content, production can only get better. Maybe it is time someone on that campus takes advantage of two of the best production men in this region. Mark VenHuisen (sp)and Lowell Haag. Talent and guest too close to the back drop, no back lighting (shadowing was terrible). It sounded like Merms tease with the "Dakota Marker" was shot with the internal mic off. A news/sports magazine at this level needs to be shot and produced proffesionally especially if it is going to run as a commercial broadcast. Sounded and looked like they worked some of the kinks out as it went along. From experience I'll bet that was a long production day to meet deadline.

None the less, I think it will be agreat promotional tool for SDSU.

Comment

I just watched it online. Good Stuff!

goto: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

and click on the sample video. More videos are on the right
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                            I have to agree Jimmy. Good content, production can only get better. Maybe it is time someone on that campus takes advantage of two of the best production men in this region. Mark VenHuisen (sp)and Lowell Haag. Talent and guest too close to the back drop, no back lighting (shadowing was terrible). It sounded like Merms tease with the "Dakota Marker" was shot with the internal mic off. A news/sports magazine at this level needs to be shot and produced proffesionally especially if it is going to run as a commercial broadcast. Sounded and looked like they worked some of the kinks out as it went along. From experience I'll bet that was a long production day to meet deadline.

None the less, I think it will be agreat promotional tool for SDSU.
                            I agree. Lots of little details in even the simplest TV show. I know they're working on all of that.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I agree. Lots of little details in even the simplest TV show. I know they're working on all of that.
                              Yep, Tyler sent me a message on Twitter yesterday saying that there are still a lot of things that need to be worked on and it has a LONG way to go until it is where he wants it. The biggest thing I noticed was that the sound was fuzzy and kind of staticy. I'm sure they will get that worked out in upcoming episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X