Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students: buy your $20 tailgating spots today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students: buy your $20 tailgating spots today!

In case you haven't been following. There will no longer be $5 drive-up tailgating. You need to purchase your tailgating spots for the Cereal Bowl by 5:00pm 9/9/09. You can get this at the athletic dept. You will always have to purchase your spot the Wed before games. Please message me if you have any questions.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Students: buy your $20 tailgating spots today!

$20!?!?!?! thats preposterous

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
      $20!?!?!?! thats preposterous
      You can share the spot with 19 of your friends or 39 or your friends or 59 or even 79 of your friends. That should help off set the cost. If you need some help with the math let me know.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

20 dollars isn't too bad, but it's still a hefty increase. I probably won't be doing any tailgating this year, so I guess I really don't care.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        If you need some help with the math let me know.
        Thanks.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          You can share the spot with 19 of your friends or 39 or your friends or 59 or even 79 of your friends. That should help off set the cost. If you need some help with the math let me know.
          We prolly do need help w the math , thats why I'm going to college, mental help and all that. I don't know if I'll be buying a spot or not yet, prolly jus wander the area. With what I plan on wearing you should be able to spot me .
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            20 dollars isn't too bad, but it's still a hefty increase. I probably won't be doing any tailgating this year, so I guess I really don't care.

Thanks.
            Anytime.

I don't see why a student couldn't just say they were entering the lot to go to a specific tailgate site and then just kind of find a place to hang out. I like the student presence and enjoy when groups stop by to say hi to their parents that are tailgating. I would hate for the student presence to be removed completely.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A am unfortunately now approaching 10 years out of college and feel like I'm getting a little old and less patient with the "young folk", but also very much enjoy the student presence at tailgating. Especially when its, oh, 75 degrees and sunny, if you get what I'm getting at.

I think $5 or $10 a spot would be fine for the students. I would have balked some at $20 when I was a student too.

Comment

I had twenty dollars once.. then I had to pay $25 to register my flag football team.

Comment

In the age of $150 textbooks, it would be nice to save the students a few bucks.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am not for the students coming in just to "hangout". They did that last year by our spot and all they did was use our spot as a dumping ground for their empties.

Comment

Working...
                    X