Jackrabbits win at UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits win at UND

The SDSU Women and Men went 2-0 today at UND. Three teams competed: UND, North Florida and SDSU. It was scored as a double dual and SDSU won it all.

Here's a link to GoJacks.com: LINK

I haven't seen the official results but one report I heard of the men's race was SDSU had as many at 8 runners under 27 minutes for 8,000 meters...that's after leisurely first mile (the team takes it easy during the first part of the race intentionally and for workout purposes). For this early, that's very impressive.

I don't have much early info on the women's race other than what's in the GoJacks.com article linked above.

The depth demonstrated by the men is pretty amazing. Last year the team was decimated by injuries. This year the team will be able to tolerate a few injuries much better.

(Did some checking on the U of North Florida: a school of about 16,000 located in Jacksonville. North Florida completed transition to DI in 08-09 and is now eligible for NCAA DI post-season this year. All UNF teams, with the exception of swimming and diving, compete in the Atlantic Sun Conference. -- welcome to SDSU Cross Country, N Florida!)

Re: Jackrabbits win at UND

Official results now available.

SDSU men perfect-scored UND (SDSU had took the first five places against UND) and nearly did the same against North Florida (SDSU had four of the top five places vs N Florida).

Results for the men: LINK

For the women, SDSU won handily over UND 24-33, and over N Florida 23-32.

Results for the women: LINK

Comment

Also worth noting that Kambestad did not race this weekend. He will add even more depth the next meet.

Comment

Very good meet as both squads had good numbers 13 for men & 16 for women competing in races.

Both men & women ran in pack for 1st part of race and went at a predetermined point.

Mens team was very impressive, especially with the amount of college races between them. Many are either freshman, red-shirt freshmen, sophomores or redshirt sophomores, 11 by my count fit in this area.

Women also very impressive with the numbers and the racing savy they have.

Should be a very interesting year for both squads.

Next meet at U of Minnesota for Oz Memorial. Women at 5:00 Men at 5:45

Comment

Working...
        X