Concerts on campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerts on campus

Wow I gotta say that the bands that have been and will be on campus the first week or so are really good. Safety Suit on Monday, OK Go on Saturday, and Saving Jane on Tuesday. Much better then when I was in school. Oh yea and Johnny Holmes Band on Wed. at Swiftel. Nice way to start the school year
    Last edited by LakeJack; 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM.

Re: Concerts on campus

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Wow I gotta say that the bands that have been and will be on campus the first week or so are really good. Safety Suit on Monday, OK Go on Saturday, and Saving Jane on Tuesday. Much better then when I was in school. Oh yea and Johnny Homes Band on Wed. at Swiftel. Nice way to start the school year
    I remember The Bangles at Frost. I'm so old, but not as old as Johnny Holmes.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

How about Black Oak Arkansas at Frost?

Comment

I think Brookings as a whole with a little ingenuity could figure out ways to get more students to stay in town over the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Seriously? That would have been great, granted I was probably pre-elementary school when it happened, but still.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I thought it was at the Barn; maybe they played both.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              Got to see the Bangles and then Williams and Ree open for Joe Piscopo at Frost. Oh yeah and Johnny Holm played at the barn the first night of school for at least a few years.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                I thought it was at the Barn; maybe they played both.
                Frost 1975 or 6....

Comment

ZZ Top, Chicago, Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show ... all at Frost.

Comment

Frost 1975 or 6....
                    The barn was I think in 79 or 80. All I remember is that it was sleeting and damn cold and the doors opened about 90 minutes late.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Frost 1975 or 6....
                      I saw 'em in 75 or 76 but can't remember the venue. Geez, wonder what the heck I was doing?!!

Comment

Just about to head out to Ok Go. Pretty excited about this show.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                        X