NDSU vs. Iowa St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU vs. Iowa St.

Any thoughts on this game tonight? NDSU has had some success against FBS schools in the past, granted it was with Steve Walker at qb, not Nick Mertens, who I've seen is going to be the starter again this year after the beating he took by the Bison fans last year.

Iowa State has a new coach as Chizik went to Auburn in the offseason. Not sure if Cyclones are the same team as last year or not with the new coach.

Just a shoot from the hip guess: ISU 34 NDSU 16

Re: NDSU vs. Iowa St.

Mertens played a good game in Wyoming until the second half, without the injuries in Wyo land NDSU had the win, this year there is depth and he stated himself he will not be as worried about going down as last year if he got hurt a WR, RB, or DB would have to have been qb!! at least we have a 2 guys behind him that all challenged for the starting nod, but backup Dante Perez twisted an ankle and was on light duty for 2 weeks. I think we see a different Mertens this year and if not Dante gets his shot
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Best wishes to the Bison, I always root for the smaller school anytime they play against the big schools, especially when they are a conference team & have Dakota in thier name.Go kick some clone butt!!!!

Comment

My guess is that they will lose, but not by the score that we had. They have the big game experience that we lacked last year and will probably be less nervous. We moved the ball well against them, but we didn't do a lot of stopping them either. I espect the same from this game.

ISU - 37
        NDSU - 20

Comment

Bison won't win but it won't be a blowout either:

Iowa State 24
          NDSD 17

Comment

Iowa ST 34
            NDSU 13

Comment

Is it on TV...couldn't find it on my Dish network.

Comment

According to ISU's athletic website it's on Mediacom. Not sure that means it's on in Brookings though.
                Since I don't have Mediacom here in SF, I'll be following it on the ESPN ticker!

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Only Mediacom is carrying it. The Big 12 has a contract with Fox. When Fox passed on the game, only an Iowa network was allowed to cover it. NDSU/KVLY asked for permission to use the feed in North Dakota, but were denied. It was Iowa State that told them no, but nobody seems to know if the real decision was made by ISU, the Big 12, or Fox. Because it's not a nationally televised game, ISU is allowed to webcast it. Several resturants/sports bars are going to be showing it in Fargo and Bismarck. A couple sports bars are also going to be showing the Mediacom feed in MSP. I think I'm going to leave for the South Fargo BWW in a couple minutes to watch it with some of the other poor saps that couldn't make the trip to Ames.

Comment

In other news, Indiana State lost to Quincy today, 26-20 in OT. Not a good start for a cellar dweller.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      In other news, Indiana State lost to Quincy today, 26-20 in OT. Not a good start for a cellar dweller.
                      That happened last weekend. Agree about the bad start.

Also, going to BWW after 6 was a bad idea. That place was PACKED. Looks like it's the webcast at my place, a 12-pack of Newcastle, and maybe a pizza at halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                        That happened last weekend. Agree about the bad start.

Also, going to BWW after 6 was a bad idea. That place was PACKED. Looks like it's the webcast at my place, a 12-pack of Newcastle, and maybe a pizza at halftime.

I stand corrected.
                        As for your last sentence, that is a definition of heaven for many.

Comment

14-0 Iowa St. 14 min left in 2nd.
                          NDSU fumbled on the Iowa St. 1 yrd. line when it was 7-0. Tough break

Comment

17-10 now. NDSU has been playing pretty well, if not for the fumble deep in Iowa St. territory it could be all tied up. Paschall having a big first half.

Free audio on gobison.com if anyone is interested.

Comment

ndsu 10
                              iowa st 17
                              half

Comment

Working...
                              X