Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Southern Sept 12th

I can't wait for the opener. Tough break having a bye week to start the season. Hopefully we can get the tape from GS's opener against Albany to help us prepare.

Planning to gather at the tailgate lot as close to 1 pm as possible. Shot 13 doves tonight and I have some quail in the freezer, nice little tailgate appetizers.

Now that Crawford is the QB we can focus on the Eagles and what we need to do to get a win under our belt. Our D needs to keep them in check so the offense can find a rhythm. Camping this weekend and then the focus is on Jackrabbit football.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I can't wait for the opener. Tough break having a bye week to start the season. Hopefully we can get the tape from GS's opener against Albany to help us prepare.

Planning to gather at the tailgate lot as close to 1 pm as possible. Shot 13 doves tonight and I have some quail in the freezer, nice little tailgate appetizers.

Now that Crawford is the QB we can focus on the Eagles and what we need to do to get a win under our belt. Our D needs to keep them in check so the offense can find a rhythm. Camping this weekend and then the focus is on Jackrabbit football.

Albany is no walk in the park for Georgia Southern. I think they only lost 3 games last year and won their conference and are favorites to win it again this year. Maybe GS will get beat up a little bit. But it does appear to be advantage to have a game under you belt before you visit Brookings.

I got my tickets in the mail yesterday. So, lets play some football. Tailgate yard opens at 1 pm. I will be in line. You gotta love it.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Just got the daughter's soccer schedule and tailgating is out this year. Three o'clock games each Saturday through Oct 10. At least they are done before the afternoon games start.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind me sticking my 2c worth in this conversation.

FWIW, (as I'm sure you know) GSU is in the 3rd year of a rebuilding program and this will be the first real season where our new Coach (Hatcher) will be able to see HIS plan for the "Hatch Attack" unfold.

Our Eagles are young, and we will have to play lots of freshmen, or red-shirt freshman, so the jury will be out on our season's chances until after we get a game or two under our belts.

Truthfully just from what I read here on the GSU forum this GSU Eagle team has the POTENTIAL to be very, very good, or equally, not so good.. Just depends on how the young players step up. We have some great athletes, but most are just untested at the college level. General opinion is that next season, or the one after that we should be "locked and loaded", but this season is really a question mark for our Eagles.

GSU fans KNOW that anytime we play your Jackrabbits we are in for a fight. We have a great deal of respect for your team, and you scared us to death in Statesboro last year, so playing this season at your house is gonna be a chore..

The Albany/GSU game IS available on streaming video (Eaglevision) at the GSU home website (not the TSC forum).. You can join for $9.95 a month, and cancel at any time. Anyone wishing to get a look at our Eagles in our first game of the season might consider signing up. (Don't tell your coaches). Our game with you guys the following week is also available there should you have any away fans who can't find it anyplace else.

Looking forward to a great game between the Jackrabbits and our Eagles.. Just hope we have a good contest, no injured players and that those GSU folks who make the trip to S.D. come home a'smilin'..

Best Wishes,

J.

Comment

Thanks PX. Good stuff.

GSU is a great program with great tradition. But I have to think that the very, very long road trip and the huge number (was it 78 or something) of underclassmen on their roster might negate any advantage one game of experience might give them. (Or not.... who knows how young players will react.)

You know they'll be very talented and athletic, but we've played well against them in the past, and I would say we're a more talented and athletic team than we were the last time we played them at GSU. I think it'll be a great game and I can't wait for 9/12.
          Last edited by JimmyJack; 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Thanks PX. Good stuff.

You know they'll be very talented and athletic, but we've played well against them in the past, and I would say we're a more talented and athletic team than we were the last time we played them at GSU. I think it'll be a great game and I can't wait for 9/12.

Hi JJ:

Well, I'm not just blowing smoke.. Our receiver corps is very, very young, but from all I hear have great potential... Generally tho it takes a freshman some time to acclimate himself to the college level game and how long that takes could determine the difference between a good year, this year, or one not so good.

No doubt the home field advantage is a consideration as well as the long trip to the game.

But, we'll know come Saturday night....

I don't remember ANY game we've played against SDSU that wasn't a war.. And that's what I expect we'll see this weekend.

But, one good thing, for some reason the rivalry between our respective teams has always been one of respect and good will, and I like that.. No matter who wins, I think the winner will leave the stadium with respect for the other.

I know on the GSU TSC forum the majority of our fans always pull for you guys against your other opponents the rest of the season after we play each other..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by PX View Post
              Hi JJ:

Well, I'm not just blowing smoke.. Our receiver corps is very, very young, but from all I hear have great potential... Generally tho it takes a freshman some time to acclimate himself to the college level game and how long that takes could determine the difference between a good year, this year, or one not so good.

No doubt the home field advantage is a consideration as well as the long trip to the game.

But, we'll know come Saturday night....

I don't remember ANY game we've played against SDSU that wasn't a war.. And that's what I expect we'll see this weekend.

But, one good thing, for some reason the rivalry between our respective teams has always been one of respect and good will, and I like that.. No matter who wins, I think the winner will leave the stadium with respect for the other.

I know on the GSU TSC forum the majority of our fans always pull for you guys against your other opponents the rest of the season after we play each other..

Best Wishes,

Jesse
              You must have forgot about the first time we played.

October 30, 2004

GSU 63
              SDSU 7

That was an a$$ kicking.

Looking forward to 9/12. "Move the chains! Move the chains! That's another GSU FIRST DOWN!" I hope we hear that less than ten times...

Comment

[QUOTE=Rabbitlivinginverm;125786]You must have forgot about the first time we played.

October 30, 2004
                GSU 63
                SDSU 7
                That was an a$$ kicking.

Rabbit:

EVERYTHING at GSU is divided as DURING the "triple option" era and AFTER the "triple option" era. When our last triple option coach (Sewak) was fired and the supreme idiot Brian Van Gorder hired, he immediately dropped the option and led the GSU Eagle football program directly into the dumpster (and a 3-8 season).

Our program has been trying to recover ever since... This is the first year where Coach Hatcher has the OPPORTUNITY to field a team playing HIS brand of football in which he declares is basically the "triple option", only throwing the ball forward rather than tossing it backwards..

After the debacle of Brian Van Gorder we also lost scholarships due to the NCAA sat requirements and I don't believe we are back up to full scholarship strength yet.

So, the team your Jackrabbits will be facing is nothing like the triple option team of 2004, but it IS the team and type of team play that hopefully will help the GSU football program regain SOME of the prominence we have lost.

Our team is very young, we play lots of freshman, but they have potential... Just how much potential will be reflected in the score against UALBANY this coming Saturday night in Statesboro, and you and I will both find out at the same time if you watch the game.

Best Wishes,

jesse

Comment

With college football officially starting tonight, I really wish we were playing on Saturday. I don't know if I can wait until the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    With college football officially starting tonight, I really wish we were playing on Saturday. I don't know if I can wait until the 12th.
                    I know what you mean. I'm thinking about even going to see Peru State take on Jamestown College down here. Would go watch the Huskers play, but I'm kinda short on money at the moment. Plus Peru is only like 12 miles from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                      I know what you mean. I'm thinking about even going to see Peru State take on Jamestown College down here. Would go watch the Huskers play, but I'm kinda short on money at the moment. Plus Peru is only like 12 miles from me.
                      I already have my weekend planned out. Watching the Boise State/Oregon game on one TV with the NDSU/Iowa State game on the other TV tonight. Then watching football all day on Saturday, highlighted by the Notre Dame/Nevada game at 2:30.

Football is here boys!

Comment

Georgia Southern hosts Albany tonight.
                        http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...B_OEM_ID=18700

Comment

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/6...B_OEM_ID=18700

The above is the Ga Southern Media Guide about the 2009 Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/6...B_OEM_ID=18700

The above is the Ga Southern Media Guide about the 2009 Eagles.
                            Is this availble to watch or listen to online?

Comment

THe link to the tailgaiting rules started www.nmnathletics....

The link for Georgia Southern media guide starts www.nmnathletics...

Off subject but does anyone know who that is?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X