X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Jacks' games on TV

From the Sioux Falls paper

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...08/1002/sports

Make it four SDSU games that will be on live television this year. The latest: The Oct. 17 contest against NDSU in Brookings will show at 6 p.m. on KSFY. Also, the Oct. 24 home tilt with UNI will air on Mediacom, an Oct. 31 game at Youngstown State will be broadcast by Fox College Sports and the Big Ten Network will show a Nov. 14 date at Minnesota.

Re: 4 Jacks' games on TV

I'm psyched about the number of games and the different broadcasts. Living over 7 hours from Brookings makes it difficult to catch games regularly. However, with my dish, I'm no longer out of market for the Fox Sports Channels or the Big Ten Network. These opportunities did not present themselves in the DII days.

Comment

I am shocked that your AD finally put the NDSU game on tv, bravo, welcome to the 21st century! NDSU and SDSU fans alike, had to be mad about that decision from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
        I am shocked that your AD finally put the NDSU game on tv, bravo, welcome to the 21st century! NDSU and SDSU fans alike, had to be mad about that decision from the past.
        We have a new AD this year with a differing opinion on the subject. I don't think there were nearly as many angry SDSU fans as there were NDSU fans about the lack of television. I actually kind of got a kick out seeing the NDSU fans suffer myself

Comment

What's interesting is that you guys have more games on TV available to national dish subscribers (2) than NDSU has this year (1). I'm wondering if NDSU and SDSU should maybe join forces in getting more MVFC games on FSN?? Cause it seems like we're not getting it done by ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
            What's interesting is that you guys have more games on TV available to national dish subscribers (2) than NDSU has this year (1). I'm wondering if NDSU and SDSU should maybe join forces in getting more MVFC games on FSN?? Cause it seems like we're not getting it done by ourselves.
            SDSU is in the pre-season polls, NDSU isn't this year. I expect that pretty much explains the difference. If the poll situation was reversed I'm quite sure the TV games would be, too.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
              Last year's game was the first on TV from Fargo. The two previous years it was played in the Fargo Dome no TV, so please don't act like it had been some long standing tradition.

I also understand the last couple of pieces of the puzzle that fell into place to get this game on TV was for there to be coverage in Western South Dakota and that the 2010 game from Fargo would also be available in all of South Dakota.

Comment

You need to remember that NDSU took media in house in 2007, that greatly changed what games NDSU can and cannot get on TV. Prior to that WDAY(the network that had the TV rights) was willing to basically do one TV game each year.

As for 2007, you can say we suffered, but not having that great game on TV hurt SDSU a lot more. Glad your new AD got this year's game on, hopefully it happens every year, the marker game belongs on statewide TV in both ND and SD.

Comment

Will any of the games be televised in the Omaha area?

Comment

Originally posted by gojackrabbits! View Post
                    Will any of the games be televised in the Omaha area?

You should be able to get the Youngstown State game & Minnesota game

Comment

Working...
                    X