SDSU Night Scrimmage - Wednesday Sept 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Night Scrimmage - Wednesday Sept 2nd

SDSU will conduct a night scrimmage at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. The free scrimmage is open to the public and fans will be treated to free hamburgers, hot dogs and chips, as well as a limited-edition Jackrabbit football poster.

Fans also will have the opportunity to view seats still available for season ticket and single-game purchases.
    - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Re: SDSU Night Scrimmage - Wednesday Sept 2nd

I totally forgot that this was tonight. So much for my football fix. Any feedback on how the scrimmage went? I'm guessing Crawford got most of the reps? Full Contact? Injury situation?

Comment

Well they were just in shoulder pads and helmet. The QB situation worries me now more than ever. The snaps were split fairly evenly between the top three. Crawford, O'Brien, and Whittier. When they were doing 1's vs scout team O'Brien looked like a much better qb than Crawford. When they went to 7 on 7's O'Brien and Whittier really stood out. I think Crawford can throw a deep ball better than we are giving him credit for. There is one play in particular down the home sideline where Crawford through the ball 45+ yards in the air and the reciever dropped the ball. It was a perfect pass and eased my concerns on our ability to stretch the field. What worries me is that Crawford can't put velocity on his passes like the other two. There were multiple times when he was throwing all types of routes where the ball was late getting there. I'm glad we our deep at the reciever and tight end position because the way he hangs the ball out there our recievers are left for dry. If they had been in full pads last night, there would have been some pretty big hits on the recievers.
      We have more size on the lines than I can remember. Also, Eric Koehlmoos(sp) is sure going to be fun to watch. Even as a freshman he looks good. Also, it looks like Jo Blackmon is adjusting well switching back to CB. Just my 2 cents and what I walked away with last night. It was actually a pretty good showing from fans considering how lightly it was advertised.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Interesting comments. Wish I could have been there.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I wish I could have made it -- first wednesday of the fall church schedule so I was home with my 2 boys and the new dog...

Walking a double stroller with a mid size dog... I got a decent workout... lol

Just hoping the right decision was made with the QB situation... Guess we will see next saturday how things vs. Georgia Southern.
          - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Well they were just in shoulder pads and helmet. The QB situation worries me now more than ever. The snaps were split fairly evenly between the top three. Crawford, O'Brien, and Whittier. When they were doing 1's vs scout team O'Brien looked like a much better qb than Crawford. When they went to 7 on 7's O'Brien and Whittier really stood out. I think Crawford can throw a deep ball better than we are giving him credit for. There is one play in particular down the home sideline where Crawford through the ball 45+ yards in the air and the reciever dropped the ball. It was a perfect pass and eased my concerns on our ability to stretch the field. What worries me is that Crawford can't put velocity on his passes like the other two. There were multiple times when he was throwing all types of routes where the ball was late getting there. I'm glad we our deep at the reciever and tight end position because the way he hangs the ball out there our recievers are left for dry. If they had been in full pads last night, there would have been some pretty big hits on the recievers.
            We have more size on the lines than I can remember. Also, Eric Koehlmoos(sp) is sure going to be fun to watch. Even as a freshman he looks good. Also, it looks like Jo Blackmon is adjusting well switching back to CB. Just my 2 cents and what I walked away with last night. It was actually a pretty good showing from fans considering how lightly it was advertised.
            I came away with a different sense...I thought Crawford looked pretty good last night and feel more comfortable about having him as the guy. I forgot how highly touted he was coming out of HS, I hope he is going to show us some of that. He might not have the most zip on his ball, but I thought he was definately the most accurate of the three. Whittier looked a little off numerous times from what I saw, and so did TO. I think our future is really bright at QB with both of these guys for the next four years, but having this year to develop is really going to help. O'Brien has all the physical tools from what I can see, he may just need to work on his touch a little bit. He missed a lot of deep balls and a few swing passes last night, but his curls, outs/ins, and stop routes are right there, and in a hurry. Whittier looked really athletic, and his ball looked a lot better IMO than it did during the Spring Game. Lotzer throws a nice ball too (and he looks huge out there), but he was mainly going with the scout team against the #1 Defense and was just overmatched.

The defense was all over the place...I'm looking forward to watching them play. Cochart lwas limited still, I hope he gets healthy before next week. Rollin was setting up with the 1's as the fourth WR, alongside Fox, Steffen, and Montague. That group should be very solid, and having Gant come of the bench will be a luxury if that happens. Iverson made a couple of great catches last night too, I think he will be tough next year. RB's should be deep, I think Duffy might be a little banged up (wrist/hand) as he had a yellow jersey on last night. We will be deep there however, especially if Kool forces the coaches to get him on the field.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Crawford should be able to do good things for us this year. It looks like he can make decent decisions and with being in the system for his fifth year he will be able to manage the offense with ease. O'Brien and Whittier didn't look on their game at all times last night but they continue to show a little more play making ability. Some of O'Brien's throws were some that haven't been seen at CAS for a while. He has major potential, no doubt. Mondol looked very good last night too.

Comment

Working...
              X