New Parking, Traffic, and Tailgating Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parking, Traffic, and Tailgating Rules

A few tweaks in the system for tailgating and parking. It looks like if you want to tailgate you better plan ahead, single game spots in the Backyard will only be sold until the Wednesday before each home game.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204781195
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: New Parking, Traffic, and Tailgating Rules

I was informed that our tailgate site would be moving to the west side of the service road running from highway 14 to CAS. Anyone else told that? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess we will find out on the 12th. I think most sites will still be on the east side of that road north of the new building.

We can argue about the tailgating rules again, I think they are too strict but at this time no one really seems to care that I think that. I suppose about the only way to affect that change would be to stop buying season tickets, stop going to games and stop donating to the A.D. I'm not going to do that on the basis of overly strict policy designed with good intentions in mind but taken to extremes by those expected to enforce the policy. I've tailgated at a lot of places and I've never seen rules like we have at SDSU.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It seems rather odd that they would move anyone west of the road. I'm wondering if this is affected by the construction? As far as I know we're still on the East, but I suppose it's subject to change.

Comment

Interesting article and I'm glad they are trying to get the word out ahead of time rather than having people be surprised on game day.

I'm wondering if some things may need to be altered due to the construction of the Dykehouse Center. I thought things went pretty well overall last year. My hope is the changes don't amount to much.

Not allowing vehicles to just drive up and buy a pass to the "Backyard" on gameday will help control the traffic a bit. What I mean by that is each spot is given a few parking passes. Last year we had a couple games where people kept buying $5 passes and pulled their vehicles into our spot. There wasn't any room for people. We're all about the more people the merrier but please park outside the backyard.

BTW- I can't wait for the 12th!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I was informed that our tailgate site would be moving to the west side of the service road running from highway 14 to CAS. Anyone else told that? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess we will find out on the 12th. I think most sites will still be on the east side of that road north of the new building.

We can argue about the tailgating rules again, I think they are too strict but at this time no one really seems to care that I think that. I suppose about the only way to affect that change would be to stop buying season tickets, stop going to games and stop donating to the A.D. I'm not going to do that on the basis of overly strict policy designed with good intentions in mind but taken to extremes by those expected to enforce the policy. I've tailgated at a lot of places and I've never seen rules like we have at SDSU.
          I've heard they are trying to move the students accross the road to the west. However, I think that still needs to be approved by YES the board of regents. If that makes sense. From what I understand the tailgating rules will do nothing but get more restrictive. About the only concern I have is the very limited time each tailgatter has after the games to move on. If your interested in just where your tail gate spot is you can call Christi Williams at 688-5422 and inquire.

Hope the weather holds up as I am looking for a great football opener.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Not across the service road, just across the little trail that runs through the tailgating area. We will be in the spot where the storage shed we use is located.

Comment

Still not a fan of the closing 30 minutes before kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                Not across the service road, just across the little trail that runs through the tailgating area. We will be in the spot where the storage shed we use is located.
                Ah ha! I was confused, that happens. Glad to hear we are just moving a little bit to the west. That does subject us to traffic on both sides of the spot but I think we can deal with that. Thanks for the clarification.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Noticed that The Pride will be preforming on-field pre-game shows. Good move!
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    Still not a fan of the closing 30 minutes before kickoff.
                    What would you impose instead? My feeling is if people are there purely to party than go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      What would you impose instead? My feeling is if people are there purely to party than go somewhere else.
                      My feelings aren't entirely different than yours but some others do feel differently. That said, I don't expect the institution to be responsible for a party atmosphere during the football game. I don't really have any other great suggestions and I haven't had any major run ins with the enforcement of the current policy so for me it works. I am, however, aware of those who have had difficulties and subsequently a negative impression of their experience. Who's fault is that? Primarily the offenders would be my answer.

Comment

Some people like to tailgate throught the entire game and listen to the game on the radio while still having a game type atmosphere and that is their intention when going. To me, closing it 30 before kick off detracts some from showing up at all. They will just stay home and "tailgate" at their house instead. Most people that are inside the stadium most likely had their minds made up that they were going actually watch it anyways. Let them tailgate throught the game and shut it down 30 min after the game is over. I'm all for charging for the tailgate spots and giving a deadline when to get a spot but I'm not a fan of shutting it down 30 minutes before kick off.

Comment

I think the institutional priority is where it's supposed to be--on the football game. The tailgating is ancillary to that--it's not an event in and of itself. That's what the Alumni Association gatherings are for!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My thoughts echo filbert's. The purpose of tailgating in "The Backyard" is to provide a great gameday atmosphere with the emphasis being on the game. The crowds at the game last year (which is where revenue lies) where outstanding and made the atmosphere in the stadium very exciting.

Is the way they clear it out perfect? Probably not but I don't have a lot better suggestions on what to do. My thought is when it comes to people drinking alcohol, the simpler the better and what they have brought forth is just that.

Heck, I would grab a cool one for the walk to the stadium and by the time I got up there it was gone and we got to our seats right at kick off. That's perfect isn't it?

This all seems like a non-issue to me or at the least an issue we hashed over pretty thoroughly last year.

I'm just glad we have the opportunity to have such a great atmosphere. The old days weren't nearly as much fun.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              Some people like to tailgate throught the entire game and listen to the game on the radio while still having a game type atmosphere and that is their intention when going. To me, closing it 30 before kick off detracts some from showing up at all. They will just stay home and "tailgate" at their house instead. Most people that are inside the stadium most likely had their minds made up that they were going actually watch it anyways. Let them tailgate throught the game and shut it down 30 min after the game is over. I'm all for charging for the tailgate spots and giving a deadline when to get a spot but I'm not a fan of shutting it down 30 minutes before kick off.
                              Just what I want to do is get on the road after the game with someone who has been drinking in the tailgate area for 5 hours. I think those people should stay home and tailgate at their house. The people you are speaking are the same ones who will sue the university because they were overserved on university grounds. Tailgating is a privlidge not an entitlement.

Comment

Working...
                              X