Early Sagarin (8-19-09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Sagarin (8-19-09)

USA Today, on 8-19-09, had early Sagarin computer rankings. (I was alerted to this when visiting Bisonville, posted by tjbison): Here's a LINK to the USA Today article.

SDSU is given a 128 rating.

Opponents and our schedule (Sagarin pre-season)
    9/12 Georgia Southern (124)
    9/19 Indiana State (229)
    9/26 Illinois State (158)
    10/3 Cal Poly (108)
    10/10 Missouri State (180)
    10/17 NDSU (105)
    10/24 UNI (83)
    10/31 Youngstown State (143)
    11/7 Southern Illinois (102)
    11/14 Minnesota (69)
    11/21 Western Illinois (142)

Others of interest: highest rated FCS team is Appy State at 68; the other SDSU (Aztecs) is 110; UC Davis 146; Montana State Contract Breakers 148; U of Montana Contract Breakers (78); Army (130); Drake (216) Southern University (195) Northern Colorado (198); Wyoming (98); Iowa State (86); some school named Southern California (1).

Re: Early Sagarin (8-19-09)

Can someone explain why NDSU is ranked ahead of the Jacks after the recent history, the Jacks' schedule, and the fact that SDSU finished ahead of NDSU in conference the last two years?

Comment

Sagarin's ratings become more "accurate" as the season progresses and he has real data to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Can someone explain why NDSU is ranked ahead of the Jacks after the recent history, the Jacks' schedule, and the fact that SDSU finished ahead of NDSU in conference the last two years?
        Pre-season rankings don't mean sh#t anyway. I wouldn't put too much stock into any sort of ranking or rating that comes out at this time. I doubt they really care about the NDSU/SDSU head-to-head match-up results either. That isn't going to be the only deciding factor.

I hope we are both able to make the playoffs and represent the MVFC well.

Comment

Originally posted by nells View Post
          Pre-season rankings don't mean sh#t anyway. I wouldn't put too much stock into any sort of ranking or rating that comes out at this time. I doubt they really care about the NDSU/SDSU head-to-head match-up results either. That isn't going to be the only deciding factor.

I hope we are both able to make the playoffs and represent the MVFC well.
          You're stating the obvious. Anyone else have thoughts about whether or not this is a pure subjective ranking or is based on more critical analysis?
          P.S. I hope the Jacks make the playoffs. Can take or leave whether the Bison are there.

Comment

wasn't Tennesee like 19 last year pre-season?

Comment

Working...
            X