Pride going to Missouri State game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pride going to Missouri State game.

During TV's live chat with Justin Sell this got me thinking...

2:56
    [Comment From Guest]
    Will the band go to Minnesota?
    2:56
    JS: I'm not sure. The band may go on a couple road trips this year.
    So I looked up our away games' band and found this for Missouri State.

I'm assuming that they are trying on going to Minnesota, but I found this post on gopherhole.com

here are three sites where groups can be seated on the field surface, with space for 250 chairs each. The northeast corner (by the student section on the away side of the field) and northwest and southwest corners (scoreboard/open end). From what I understand, Athletics does not intend to put a group in the southwest corner (open end/home sideline), since it would put that group on our team's side. The most likely location for a visiting band would be the northwest corner. That would put them on the opposite side of the field from our band.

It is my understanding that Athletics currently does not plan on having any visiting bands during the first season in TCF (but you never know if they will change their mind).
    I hope they let The Pride go to the gopher game. I've already order my tickets for the game and would love to see The Pride of the Dakotas playing along side of The Pride of Minnesota.

One thing though, while at looking at the other bands webpages, The Pride really needs a new website or even one that gets updated at least every year.. They have photos from '05 and '06 and then the newsletter from last year.
    Go State! Go State!

Re: Pride going to Missouri State game.

It is true that the Pride will be at the Missouri State game.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Last I heard they will not be at Minnesota.

Go State!

Comment

Nice. Is anybody planning on a trip down to this game. I am suddenly seriously thinking of going down for it. I have a cousin and a college buddy that live in Springfield. Just curious if we will have a good following down there.

Anyone been to Springfield before for a game? Is it a good stadium? Good fans?
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
        Nice. Is anybody planning on a trip down to this game. I am suddenly seriously thinking of going down for it. I have a cousin and a college buddy that live in Springfield. Just curious if we will have a good following down there.

We're going down, and so is Roy (THE Roy of this board). Not sure about others. Have never been there, but I'm planning to try to visit each one of our MVFC opponents venues at least once (if money lasts longer than age!) Western Illinois, UNI accomplished...Missouri State, Youngstown scheduled this year. We will be joined by a couple of hundred members of the Pride at least!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

I'll be heading down with four other Jackrabbit fans from Brookings/Sioux Falls.

I called to order tickets through Missouri State's ticket office last week and they only had two rows left in the SDSU section..I would guess that means a fair number of Jackrabbit fans will be there but I don't know how big the rows or section actually is.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Cal-Poly and the Gophers for me this year. I will make the Missouri St trip one of these years. I have family in Illinois so SIU, WIU, and the Illini are all distinct possibilities. I don't foresee a trip to YSU. I've still never made it up to the FFD.

If there ends up being a bus headed to Mizzou I might jump on that thing..
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X