This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU's Women beating SDSU Men

NDSU women's Golfer Beats SDSU Men team member in match play.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/249969/

Re: NDSU's Women beating SDSU Men

Don't know if you'll ever get another golfer as good as she looks to be, enjoy the next four years,she'll be really good i think.

Comment

Amy Anderson beat Justin, in a pouring rainstorm on a short course. Justin would beat her every time on the courses that are used for Summit League play.

Amy is a great player, not great enough to play with the men.

Comment

Well considering she finished in the Top 4 of the Tournament, I think she did ok playing with the men.

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
          Well considering she finished in the Top 4 of the Tournament, I think she did ok playing with the men.

Yes she did very well, no disputing that. My point is that she was able to do well because of the length of the golf course she played.

On the courses the Summit League men play on, it would be a different story.

Comment

Both are correct. Amy Anderson won the US Girls Junior Amateur which is the biggest junior tournament in the world. That is truly amazing. She could have gone anywhere to play in college but she wanted to stick close to home. She was even considering smaller schools. She will be a hug force for NDSU.

Every kid has their own decision to make and it is their decision. I wonder if there will come a time that she regrets not going to a top-tier D1 school. She could have gone anywhere. My point is that if she is considering playing professionally after college it may work out better for her to go to a school down south where they play all year. I'm not saying it can't be done from NDSU or SDSU. Not at all. Its just a lot harder to advance your game when you take 5 months a year off. She has a lot of talent.

As for Amy vs. Justin. Justin takes care of business at least 9 out of 10 on a regular length golf course. He's a good player. And he's a Jackrabbit!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm a little confused about what a regular golf course means. You guys are making it sound like she beat him on a mini-golf course. What was par for this course ? I really don't know. If it's 72, and this was the course that the Pine to Palm people chose for the tourney, and he got matched up with Amy, and lost, then why is there an "if" involved here ? If if's and but's were candy and nuts it'd be Christmas all year round. Dude probably needs to sharpen up his short game. Does this come across as an NDSU fan defending something about NDSU on an SDSU board ? It's just that when I hear excuse's for a reason someone lost it bugs me. Kinda like how some Bison fans have blamed the refs for our loss to you guys last year. Lame-o !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                I'm a little confused about what a regular golf course means. You guys are making it sound like she beat him on a mini-golf course. What was par for this course ? I really don't know. If it's 72, and this was the course that the Pine to Palm people chose for the tourney, and he got matched up with Amy, and lost, then why is there an "if" involved here ? If if's and but's were candy and nuts it'd be Christmas all year round. Dude probably needs to sharpen up his short game. Does this come across as an NDSU fan defending something about NDSU on an SDSU board ? It's just that when I hear excuse's for a reason someone lost it bugs me. Kinda like how some Bison fans have blamed the refs for our loss to you guys last year. Lame-o !!!
                Ignorance is bliss. She beat him on that day. Does that mean she is a better golfer than him? Is Y.E. Yang better than Tiger? Rhetorical questions to ponder in an attempt to assist those of limited intellect.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Upon further review, I failed to note the use of the plural in the subject line of this post, and find that it is inappropriate smack.

lcbison is warned not to smack in non-smack sections. This is your first and last warning.

Thread locked.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X