X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU dominates USD

SDSU dominates USD in final exhibition game

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204775692

SDSU went 2-0 this weekend in their two exhibition games against UNI & USD.

Re: SDSU dominates USD

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    SDSU dominates USD in final exhibition game

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204775692

SDSU went 2-0 this weekend in their two exhibition games against UNI & USD.
    Have a friend who went to the game. Said it was complete domination and should have been 7 or 8 goals for us. USD didn't get a shot at the goal in the 2nd half. As would be expected Jacks were much quicker and better disciplined. USD is brand new to DI and shouldn't be expected to be at the same level we are right now. Give them some time and I bet they can build a program. I think it was a good game for both programs.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It was the first soccer win ever for SDSU women over USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
        It was the first soccer win ever for SDSU women over USD.
        Yep, this spring they kicked the ball around and tied 0-0. My understanding is that yesterdays exhibition was dominated by the Jackrabbits as would be expected and therefore accepted graciously by both sides. Best part is we've got plenty of other posters here.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Yep, this spring they kicked the ball around and tied 0-0. My understanding is that yesterdays exhibition was dominated by the Jackrabbits as would be expected and therefore accepted graciously by both sides. Best part is we've got plenty of other posters here.
          SDSU apparently kicked USD around in the match. I looked at statistics even though I am not a soccer fan, but it looks like it was domination. Congrats on the win, it speaks for itself (like it should)

Comment

Jacks soccer has been impressive to say the least over the last couple years. Keep up the good work.

Comment

They seemed to have a good recruiting year this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
                Jacks soccer has been impressive to say the least over the last couple years. Keep up the good work.
                Thanks for noticing.

Last year they beat the state of Iowa.

Comment

Wow...I didn't realize they swept Iowa! I've seen pictures of your soccer complex and it looks very nice. How scary could SDSU soccer be with a facility like Creighton's. By no means a knock...Creighton has maybe the nicest in the country. My point...Creighton's men team is top shelf....women are slightly above average. Move that to Brookings and your program skyrockets even further up the ranks. I think qualifies as my first rant?!?

Comment

Since my Sunday is an open day, I think I might go take in the Jacks home opener against Creighton at 1 p.m. I don't think the squad has beaten Creighton yet in regular season or preseason play.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                      Since my Sunday is an open day, I think I might go take in the Jacks home opener against Creighton at 1 p.m. I don't think the squad has beaten Creighton yet in regular season or preseason play.
                      That is correct, Lang mentioned that at media day the other day

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
                        Wow...I didn't realize they swept Iowa! I've seen pictures of your soccer complex and it looks very nice. How scary could SDSU soccer be with a facility like Creighton's. By no means a knock...Creighton has maybe the nicest in the country. My point...Creighton's men team is top shelf....women are slightly above average. Move that to Brookings and your program skyrockets even further up the ranks. I think qualifies as my first rant?!?
                        http://brookingsradio.com/sports-show.html

Scroll down to the interview with Lang Weidemeyer.

The ace in the hole at Fishback is that it's on the S. edge of town. There's not much to stop the wind out there, and the hope is that it gives SDSU an advantage come conference tournament time.

Weidemeyer seems to be a defense-first coach, which, I would guess, plays to the advantages a windswept and chilly field will give you.

Comment

Working...
                        X