Are you ready for some football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for some football?

I sure am. Can't wait until September 12th. Here is the newest addition to WestSideRabbit and my tailgate spot. A beer pong/drinking games table. I've put quite a few hours in this week getting it just right. All hand painted. What else is everyone out there doing to get ready for the season?

Overhead shot

50 yard line

25 yard line

Full length shot

Re: Are you ready for some football?

We've got a group camping at Oakwood Friday night, tailgating at the Yankton Jackrabbit site on Saturday and returning for a bonfire at the campground Saturday night. It would be great if we could cut out the campground and just stay in the Backyard but that's not an option.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just heard that Sports Talk on KWSN will have interviews with Coach Stig, Danny Batten, Tony Thompson, and Justin Sell on their show this afternoon.

Can listen at KWSN.com

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
        I sure am. Can't wait until September 12th. Here is the newest addition to WestSideRabbit and my tailgate spot. A beer pong/drinking games table. I've put quite a few hours in this week getting it just right. All hand painted. What else is everyone out there doing to get ready for the season?

Overhead shot

50 yard line

25 yard line

Full length shot
        We had a Bison painted beer pong table last season that lasted about 3 cups before the Dome Nazi's told us drinking games were not allowed at NDSU tailgating. You guys are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          We had a Bison painted beer pong table last season that lasted about 3 cups before the Dome Nazi's told us drinking games were not allowed at NDSU tailgating. You guys are lucky.
          I just sent Gaskins at KWSN an email ripping Mattick for not doing his homework before he asked Coach Stig about his "troubles" with Minnesota and Youngstown. Gaskins just wrote back and tells me Mattick is prepared to defend himself on the air. Get ready everyone. Here is my email to Gaskins below.

"Once again Mattick not giving the Jacks respect. He didn't even do his homework. He said the Jacks had trouble with Youngstown, Minnesota and someone else I forget. Jacks SMOKED Youngstown at home 40-7 last year. Doesn't sound like they had any trouble to me. Jacks haven't played Minnesota in probably a hundred years either. NO RESPECT."

Comment

You may want to point out to Craig that Cal Poly is in the Great West and not the MVFC too

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              I just sent Gaskins at KWSN an email ripping Mattick for not doing his homework before he asked Coach Stig about his "troubles" with Minnesota and Youngstown. Gaskins just wrote back and tells me Mattick is prepared to defend himself on the air. Get ready everyone. Here is my email to Gaskins below.

"Once again Mattick not giving the Jacks respect. He didn't even do his homework. He said the Jacks had trouble with Youngstown, Minnesota and someone else I forget. Jacks SMOKED Youngstown at home 40-7 last year. Doesn't sound like they had any trouble to me. Jacks haven't played Minnesota in probably a hundred years either. NO RESPECT."
              I will give Mattick some cred because he doesn't shy away from saying he isn't a fan of SDSU... basically makes it known that the only reason they mention SDSU is because he has too.... some people like to do the whole love them when they are on top, trash them when they are on the bottom, Mattick doesn't do that and for that I'll give him some cred....

Comment

I don't care if he likes SDSU as that is irrelevent. You owe it to your profession in the media be a professional and come prepared when you are interviewing athletes or you end up embarrasing yourself which Craig does on a consistent basis.

Comment

Don't have reception at work, and their site is blocked on-line at work. Anyone care to give his defense, because that was bad.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

No one should expect Craig Mattick to be a fan or supporter of any school, except maybe his own. He should be accurate and fair, of course. If he was smart, he also would be respectful of the school with the largest fan base in South Dakota. His comments about about SDSU usually contribute nothing to fans' knowledge or entertainment. It's mostly opinionated drivel. I don't bother to listen to him any more, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. That's probably not fair to John Gaskins, who seemed early on to be more concerned about getting things right and basing opinions in fact. That said, I credit KWSN for covering media day in Brookings, even though I didn't listen.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Just heard that Sports Talk on KWSN will have interviews with Coach Stig, Danny Batten, Tony Thompson, and Justin Sell on their show this afternoon.

Can listen at KWSN.com
                      When I saw the post I admit that I considered tuning in for the first time in at least 15 months, then I remembered the nimrods in charge and made a decision not to. Once again, right call on my part.

Spoke to the ticket office today, expect Jackrabbit vs goph tickets and season tickets the last week in August. I am ready for some football!!!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X